Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 01:12 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Obviously we are all different but supposedly the best weather in the world is in the Canary Islands The best climate of the world

I have a vacation home there and the weather is perfect for most people all year around, but they are all,islands, small islands and for me at least after 5 or 6 days I have to leave due to boredom.
5.96" of rain per year? That's not the best climate even for mild weather lovers. That's desert horse-S.

Anyway my preferences are a mean temperature near 23 F / -5 C in the coldest month, 81 F / 27 C in the warmest month, at least 52 F / 11 C in both April and October, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60" precipitation per year. Fewer than 182.5 precipitation days per year, would prefer in the 150 ballpark.

I haven't found anything perfect so I'm hoping to find a climate with a mean below 27 F / -3 C in the coldest month and above 77 F / 25 C in the warmest month. Gotta have, at an absolute minimum, 35" of precipitation per year. Maximum precipitation I could tolerate might be 80" per year.

And no dry season. I hate anything remotely resembling desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 02:56 AM

679 posts, read 359,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Obviously we are all different but supposedly the best weather in the world is in the Canary Islands The best climate of the world

I have a vacation home there and the weather is perfect for most people all year around, but they are all,islands, small islands and for me at least after 5 or 6 days I have to leave due to boredom.

Canary islands are hot, sunny and dry at summer with high humidity, which I hate and too warm in winter. So, it's C- for me.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:20 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimkin199 View Post
These (and the others you found) are all very interesting and appealing to me. I find Unalaska and Paamiut to be particularly nice.

My favorite climates of all time are St John's Newfoundland-Labrador and Labrador City.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:11 AM

679 posts, read 359,005 times
What I want:
1) Warm, wet and cloudy summer
2) Cold, dry and sunny winter
3) Low UV index

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemuro,_Hokkaido - a bit too high UV index
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg -too cloudy in winter and too sunny in summer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladivostok - a bit too cold ij winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather