Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,433,522 times

Advertisements

Well it now looks like that the expectations of this round of severe weather has fallen well short this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,339,169 times
Robyn, that's a cool map. I wish my state looked as clear as yours does right now.

Did anyone hear anything about a tornado striking Arlington, Tx. today? I heard just a brief about it this morning. Any damage or anything?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Robyn, that's a cool map. I wish my state looked as clear as yours does right now.

Did anyone hear anything about a tornado striking Arlington, Tx. today? I heard just a brief about it this morning. Any damage or anything?

Hmmm can't find any info on it, heres the report from yesterday though

Source:Storm Prediction Center

Old 04-11-2008, 05:05 AM

893 posts, read 780,549 times
I am a weather freak Grew up in southwest Iowa on a farm with a storm cellar and spent a lot of my time growing up in it. I could never live in Texas or Oklahoma without a basement. I have ruled out states to live in because of the no storm shelter thing. I would be terrified to be without some where to protect myself. How do you guys live through the severe weather season? It seems it lasts longer and longer too.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
I am a weather freak Grew up in southwest Iowa on a farm with a storm cellar and spent a lot of my time growing up in it. I could never live in Texas or Oklahoma without a basement. I have ruled out states to live in because of the no storm shelter thing. I would be terrified to be without some where to protect myself. How do you guys live through the severe weather season? It seems it lasts longer and longer too.
Same here I've become addicted to severe weather, always track them when an outbreak is going on. Lol yeah I think I'd pretty much build my own if one didn't have a basement.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:22 PM

weatherplus.com - Weather News - NWS Confirms Tornadoes Hit N. Texas (broken link)

This link is courtesy of Beowulf7, a member from Texas. I think it's describing the weather just before or around the time that Arlington had a storm. Maybe it's in one of the news stories??? I actually heard it on TWC.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 PM

52,585 posts, read 47,738,458 times
Default Protection

We're battening down the hatches here in Lewisville as some new storms are forming tonight(the 17th). There are huge storm cells forming as they approach Fort Worth from the west. We're ready this time.

My car is under the awning.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
We're battening down the hatches here in Lewisville as some new storms are forming tonight(the 17th). There are huge storm cells forming as they approach Fort Worth from the west. We're ready this time.

My car is under the awning.
Oh my!!! I hope that everything turns out well. TWC map was showing a huge red area for today and tonight covering a lot of OK and part of Tx.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Did everything turn out ok down there? TWC did show the torrents of hail and it even broke the storm chaser's windshield.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:59 PM

52,585 posts, read 47,738,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Did everything turn out ok down there? TWC did show the torrents of hail and it even broke the storm chaser's windshield.
My part of the area is okay. The hardest hit areas were Fort Worth, Mineral Wells, and Weatherford. In Lewisville, on the other hand, we got a brief shower with a few rumbles of thunder, so we lucked out and nothing got scratched.

But I feel bad for the people in Mineral Wells after the grapefruit-sized hail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather