Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 PM

121 posts, read 518,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Your welcome.

I don't know a lot about Australia, but it does have a strong British heritage.
Wouldn't Australia would be closer to England in culture than the U.S.A.?

They have their own "pub culture" which is a variation on England's own.
I really like tea, and would be happy if England's old "tea time" culture was there too. A lot of neat sandwiches and deserts are made for English tea time. If you meant living somewhere it's nothing like America, I can see what you're saying... However that might be hard to find an English speaking country to fit that bill.

** There are a lot of British ex-pats in southern Spain and Gibraltor (sp?). Very sunny climate and winters are in the 60's and 70's F while summers are in the 90's to 110's F (very dry heat). I've seen pictures and the landscape looks like a cross between Florida and Las Vegas (semi-desert and hilly-mountainous)
I meant in terms of cost when I used the wordlifestyle sorry. Paying $4000 for round trip plus rent and other expenses juat seems to me that i would add up. Whew I am giving myself a headache thinking about this. I need a need plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,706,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlyhappenstance View Post
I meant in terms of cost when I used the wordlifestyle sorry. Paying $4000 for round trip plus rent and other expenses juat seems to me that i would add up. Whew I am giving myself a headache thinking about this. I need a need plan
Which country do you currently live in?

If I had to guess, it sounds like you live in Europe.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Which country do you currently live in?

If I had to guess, it sounds like you live in Europe.
no i am in the US

Old 04-27-2008, 01:46 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,706,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlyhappenstance View Post
no i am in the US
I guess to me, it sounded like you wanted to move to the U.S.A. for September to March... and perhaps for 6 months so that you had no issues with immigration. There are a lot of older/wealthy Canadians doing this, but usually from late fall to early spring.

In my province, I can't be away more than 150 days a year without forfeiting my provincial health coverage. My favorite time of year has always been mid April until mid September, so I'd rather only be here 150 days at the most, and out of the country 215+ days a year.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:46 PM

267 posts, read 1,285,419 times
I'll add the Canary Islands (same longitude as Florida) with an average 70 degrees in winter. There's a few different islands all off the coast of Africa but belonging to Spain. Many English live there and take a vacation there so English is spoken in the main places. There's 4 main islands and some smaller ones in the canary islands. The North of each island is up to 5 degrees cooler in winter.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:32 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,873,888 times
Best climate to be in during the northern hemisphere fall and winter is out in the Australian outback

Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,593,653 times
Warmest average winter temps in USA (other than Hawaii) are in southern Florida ....

Homestead,FL has highest average Jan daytime high 77 degrees F

Naples,FL is a close 2nd at 76 degees F

Miami Beach averages 75 but has milder average low's (above 60)

After Florida extreme south Texas would be next warmest

McAllen,TX averages 71 degrees F in January

There are a few places in the desert SW that come close

Palm Springs,CA and Yuma,AZ both have average daytime high's of 70

Old 05-18-2008, 01:25 PM

What about in terms of peak sunny days...places that are warm sometimes aren't neccessarily very sunny. Florida for instance is said to be somewhat bipolar in terms of sun. Rain, sun, party cloudy, a little lightning. This is all in the same day!!...Maybe it doesn't apply during the fall and winter months?

In any case lets shoot for moreso endless sunny days.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:32 PM

312 posts, read 1,515,864 times
San Diego !!!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,131,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from Europe View Post
San Diego !!!
Why San Diego? I guess its ok if you dont like changing seasons. Put me somewhere like Vermont for the winter and fall. Eye-popping colors in fall, lots of snow in winter to enjoy outdoor activities, not many crowds, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather