Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 06:57 PM

30,150 posts, read 20,875,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post
Colder winters? The winters are about the same and spring/summer arrive slightly earlier.
Not sure about that in south TX. You have that land mass to the west with drier dews and that means temps drop faster. We had 90's in Feb already this year. I had not one temp below 42f this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 11:09 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,524,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Not sure about that in south TX. You have that land mass to the west with drier dews and that means temps drop faster. We had 90's in Feb already this year. I had not one temp below 42f this winter.
Lowest temp. on the island was 41F this year. Avg low in January 53-54F. Avg Jan low in Bronwnsville (~30 miles inland) is 51.6F.

Aren't you on an island near Tampa? Source for the 90s in Feb? Neither Sarasota nor Ft. Myers reached 90F.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post
Lowest temp. on the island was 41F this year. Avg low in January 53-54F. Avg Jan low in Bronwnsville (~30 miles inland) is 51.6F.

Aren't you on an island near Tampa? Source for the 90s in Feb? Neither Sarasota nor Ft. Myers reached 90F.
Places inland saw some 90's in Feb this year. Those two places were on the coast that you listed.

No island were i live. I am 21.23 miles NW from Tampa as the dove flies or crow, right on the gulf so no islands in my area to live on. Just saw grass and marsh. Once you go north of Clearwater on the west coast there are no more beaches with white sand. So life is no beach in my area.

Seems our normal winter temps are running neck and neck by heck. But when we had real winters back in the 70's and 80's we saw lows of 19f in 1983, 21f in 1981, and many temps below 25f winter after winter from 1981 till 1985. Then BOOM the world wide weather changed over nite and i have seen a massive warm up since 1990 and the ramp up in heating since 2011 has been off the charts for the fall, winter and springs. Over the next 70 years avg temps will rise 8f in many parts of the the world as massive forest dies off due to bugs and fires. Then next many of the worlds fish will go as all reefs die off to to massive sea temp rise.

It is pretty much over for us past 120 years and on. Better find a another planet, but a shame we don't have the tech to even reach Mars that can be as close as 34.29 million miles from us, let alone reaching another star system.

We pretty much destroyed our planet in less than 150 years. Shame really, as there are millions of planets that support life and we have no way to get to them.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 04-28-2019 at 05:42 AM..

Old 05-24-2019, 09:49 PM

47 posts, read 38,606 times
Quote:
Places inland saw some 90's in Feb this year. Those two places were on the coast that you listed.

No island were i live. I am 21.23 miles NW from Tampa as the dove flies or crow, right on the gulf so no islands in my area to live on. Just saw grass and marsh. Once you go north of Clearwater on the west coast there are no more beaches with white sand. So life is no beach in my area.

Seems our normal winter temps are running neck and neck by heck. But when we had real winters back in the 70's and 80's we saw lows of 19f in 1983, 21f in 1981, and many temps below 25f winter after winter from 1981 till 1985. Then BOOM the world wide weather changed over nite and i have seen a massive warm up since 1990 and the ramp up in heating since 2011 has been off the charts for the fall, winter and springs. Over the next 70 years avg temps will rise 8f in many parts of the the world as massive forest dies off due to bugs and fires. Then next many of the worlds fish will go as all reefs die off to to massive sea temp rise.

It is pretty much over for us past 120 years and on. Better find a another planet, but a shame we don't have the tech to even reach Mars that can be as close as 34.29 million miles from us, let alone reaching another star system.

We pretty much destroyed our planet in less than 150 years. Shame really, as there are millions of planets that support life and we have no way to get to them.
I checked the data from port richey florida which is around that distance from tampa and its maximum temperature this winter was 84°f and in january it looks like it saw a large amount on days with highs in the 50s

Old 05-25-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC9108 View Post
I checked the data from port richey florida which is around that distance from tampa and its maximum temperature this winter was 84°f and in january it looks like it saw a large amount on days with highs in the 50s
I never said i had a high of 90, i was talking about inland. Water temps are too cool for me to see 90's in the winter. No large amount of days in the 50's. Maybe 6 days for my house. Used to see 40's for highs years ago bro. I don't even live in the area you talk about. Another arm chair expert here that does not know my weather folks.

Here are my temps and rainfall for the month of Feb 2018. As you all can see Feb was another well above normal month on temps like a pimp and below normal rainfall.

Plenty of highs above 84f for my area. Read it and weep. Look at them high 80's for highs day after day jay. These are the new normal temps for the winter in my area for the last 8 years. So whatever readings you got are wrong.
ven

Here is Feb if this year. Still well above normal And highs above 84f.

Highs of 86 and 87f

Last edited by LKJ1988; 05-25-2019 at 05:39 AM..

Old 05-25-2019, 02:46 PM

47 posts, read 38,606 times
Quote:
I never said i had a high of 90, i was talking about inland. Water temps are too cool for me to see 90's in the winter. No large amount of days in the 50's. Maybe 6 days for my house. Used to see 40's for highs years ago bro. I don't even live in the area you talk about. Another arm chair expert here that does not know my weather folks.

Here are my temps and rainfall for the month of Feb 2018. As you all can see Feb was another well above normal month on temps like a pimp and below normal rainfall.

Plenty of highs above 84f for my area. Read it and weep. Look at them high 80's for highs day after day jay. These are the new normal temps for the winter in my area for the last 8 years. So whatever readings you got are wrong.
ven

Here is Feb if this year. Still well above normal And highs above 84f.

Highs of 86 and 87f
I dont know were you live exactly I just picked port richey since its around 20 miles northwest from tampa and has similar geography from what you described, though if that data you are recording is correct than you must live in a micro climate considering that the stations in that distance from tampa are cooler, also the 80s were notoriously cold in eastern north america and shouldn't be used as an example of what typical weather should be

Old 05-25-2019, 03:08 PM

Here is Jan with 4 days with highs in the 50's. You can check these numbers with other cities like Hudson and New port richey and Tampa to get a idea on my figs. Did have 4.30" of rain at least

Old 05-27-2019, 06:07 PM

213 posts, read 172,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
There are at least three features of this weatherbox which raise tremendous suspicion:

1. The data comes from Weatherbase. Never trust Weatherbase as it is full of horse crap. Their data does not come from official meteorological bureaus but rather from non-verifiable sources, hence why the numbers often make little sense.

2. The annual record low is 3F while December and January have listed record lows of 0F. That indicates that someone either incompetent or a troll has been screwing around with the data there.

3. The town lies in between Houston and Austin, yet the summer lows are 5-7 F warmer than both. Now, as someone who has driven between those two cities on at least 4 different occasions along TX-71, I can tell you that there is no compelling reason (e.g. change in geography, vegetation, etc) that would cause that to happen. In fact the lack of a UHI should cause more cooling.

Thus, we conclude that the data is BS, being at best 5F away from the truth.
Weatherbase data sometimes comes with: compare here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climat...of_Jord%C3%A3o (which was actually taken from INMET, a meteorological agency) with what's on the Weatherbase: https: // Campos do Jordo, Sao Paulo Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase).

The problem is that they are not always, I believe that when you do not have it is justifiable to have, better that you have nothing, only that probably should make a little more precise. I see that sometimes the rounding and some inconclusive data.

The data that is there is from Laredo, it is neither the page nor the city that is in the Weatherbox, I believe someone was doing tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather