Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2019, 07:18 AM

4,965 posts, read 6,226,273 times

Advertisements

Well, we hit 87F yesterday officially at the NWS office. We still haven't reached that 90F mark yet this year, despite what my backyard weather station keeps telling me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 07:20 AM

29,361 posts, read 19,459,081 times
With all this rain and wet soils and now the flood of tropical heat and humidity from the Gulf Coast, dew points will approach 80 degrees this weekend. Could approach record levels. Stiffling.

https://wgntv.com/2019/06/27/high-pr...dity-continue/

https://twitter.com/NWSChicago/statu...50849114333184

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...73999445348353

June will still end up cooler than normal

Apparently this heat won't last much into July. Big surprise.

https://twitter.com/Met_khinz/status...36558680322048

How about Europe? When will the heat break?

Old 06-28-2019, 09:36 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,774,505 times
Well the past two days have been seasonal but boring. Highs in the low 90's.

Today is finally my type of weather. Strong sun and temps 93. High humidity, I'll be out in the yard after work sweating it up. Need to weed some plants and edge. I mowed yesterday after work.

Sunny and 94 on Saturday. Yay, great day for the lake. I'll be working on my all over tan at our local nude beach, lol.

Sunday has a chance for thunderstorms, I hope they don't materialize until after sunset.

Let's look at the rest of the country:
NYC sunny and 90, great day for those rooftop pools in Manhattan, I heard there were several "clubs" that had them, that's where I would be hanging out, cocktail in hand. Or maybe a great time to head out to Long Island and the beaches.
Montreal sunny and 86, they must be sweating it out, that's really hot for them
Boston sunny and 83, well that's a great place to be today.
Chicago pc and 89, the heat is finally returning to the windy city. Even the shores of Lake Michigan should be in the mid 80's.

The South is uniformly hot. New Orleans sunny and 93, same in Houston, Dallas is sunny and 97 blistering heat and humidity there. Miami is pc now but t-storms return after being under the ridge it's now getting the easterlies trade winds and tropical waves again.

Very impressive heat across the Desert Southwest. Phoenix cooking up to 110 with 32 dew. Humidity will be in the single digits today. Vegas cooking up to 104 under cobalt blue skies. Tourists won't be sweating though because the dewpoint is 33. They will be sweating but their sweat will instantly evaporate and cool them off. So as long as they hydrate they'll be fine as they tour Hoover Dam or ride those roller coasters at NYNY.

The West Coast is a mixed bag. San Francisco is seasonal with fog now which will burn off with a high of 68. Sacramento has a mild day with sun and high of 86. Los Angeles has a marine layer that will dissolve and the high will be pleasant and 78.

Seattle is under a trough and will be mostly cloudy and struggle to get out of the 60's.

Overall pretty darn good summer weather for most of the nation as we head into the July 4th weekend.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,836,667 times
Over a week ago when a UK heatwave was predicted, I made a "joke" forecast in which the plume somehow missed the UK but France and Europe had a record temp. My joke temperature map had SE England getting no more than 25°C with southern France getting 45°C. Little did I know that was exactly what would happen. Could I be psychic?

Old 06-28-2019, 02:51 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,171,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Over a week ago when a UK heatwave was predicted, I made a "joke" forecast in which the plume somehow missed the UK but France and Europe had a record temp. My joke temperature map had SE England getting no more than 25°C with southern France getting 45°C. Little did I know that was exactly what would happen. Could I be psychic?
Only 25 C/ 77 F in your location during what is supposed to be summer? that temperature hardly is worthy of even being considered summer like by many peoplejust how does that reading of 25 C relate to the average high temperature in your location?

Last edited by Isleofpalms85; 06-28-2019 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Only 25 C/ 77 F in your location during what is supposed to be summer? that temperature hardly is worthy of even being considered summer like by many peoplejust how does that reading of 25 C relate to the average high temperature in your location?
The joke map (and actual temps that were lower than my joke map worst case scenario) temperatures of 25 degrees were for London area. The average high in July there is 23.5°C.

Sheffield is in Northern England and its average high is 21.1°C in July and it hasn't been close to 25°C here this year. I think I'm the first to realise that this area has no summer, especially seeing as I didn't grow up here so I find the summers utter garbage here except last year which was much warmer and sunnier than normal (though by global standards still pathetically cold).

But I used to live in a town that was 1,000ft above sea level not far from here (only 20 miles away) so that was even colder, though the weather was the same, so it didn't really seem that different, just a bit wetter and a degree or so colder.

In the UK I've lived in Berkshire (SE England, West London area), Lincoln, Buxton (the place at 1,000ft) and now Sheffield. Out of those four only Berkshire could be said to approach actual summer like weather for any real length of time. Lincoln was nearly as dry as East Berkshire but rather gloomier and much chillier. Buxton was the coldest and wettest (64°F avg. high in summer), and Sheffield, being quite close, is just a slightly milder version of Buxton. In all three Northern places I've often had to use heating in summer and wear coat+hat in the height of summer, for up to half the time in Buxton or Sheffield.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:02 PM

763 posts, read 374,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
The joke map (and actual temps that were lower than my joke map worst case scenario) temperatures of 25 degrees were for London area. The average high in July there is 23.5°C.

Sheffield is in Northern England and its average high is 21.1°C in July and it hasn't been close to 25°C here this year. I think I'm the first to realise that this area has no summer, especially seeing as I didn't grow up here so I find the summers utter garbage here except last year which was much warmer and sunnier than normal (though by global standards still pathetically cold).

But I used to live in a town that was 1,000ft above sea level not far from here (only 20 miles away) so that was even colder, though the weather was the same, so it didn't really seem that different, just a bit wetter and a degree or so colder.

In the UK I've lived in Berkshire (SE England, West London area), Lincoln, Buxton (the place at 1,000ft) and now Sheffield. Out of those four only Berkshire could be said to approach actual summer like weather for any real length of time. Lincoln was nearly as dry as East Berkshire but rather gloomier and much chillier. Buxton was the coldest and wettest (64°F avg. high in summer), and Sheffield, being quite close, is just a slightly milder version of Buxton. In all three Northern places I've often had to use heating in summer and wear coat+hat in the height of summer, for up to half the time in Buxton or Sheffield.
Is July the warmest month in your area? 21C for highs in July would feel more like late spring to me.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:10 PM

83,266 posts, read 74,477,134 times
Nothing but sun and heat here. Got a migraine, drained, and got SAD now. Is it over yet? This is disgusting.

88°F but feels like 200F. Sun is strong. Dews in the upper 50s is the saving grace I guess. Not "soupy", just too Hot.

Current map

Feels like this at 5pmCST. At least I'm not in Eastern Nebraska or Western Iowa

Old 06-28-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
Is July the warmest month in your area? 21C for highs in July would feel more like late spring to me.
Yes it is. It feels spring like if the sun actually shines, though most of the time it's overcast and more like autumn in summer.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:17 PM

29,361 posts, read 19,459,081 times
89F at ORD yet again today. That station just can't hit 90. MDW and IKK both hit 91F as did West Chicago, Joliet, Schaumburg, while Chicago Executive airport just north of ORD hit 90. So did the NWS/CHICAGO Weather Office in Romeoville. Dew Points in the low 70s

We had more storms again today....

https://twitter.com/billyweather/sta...64396431548416
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather