Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following statements do you agree with?
China is cooler than US in spring. 0 0%
China is warmer than US in spring. 2 50.00%
US is warmer than China in autumn. 2 50.00%
US is cooler than China in autumn. 1 25.00%
There's no difference between China and US in both spring and autumn. 1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 05:22 PM

434 posts, read 1,040,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerence24 View Post
Let's compare Beijing and NYC, they have the same latitude(around 40N).

Beijing: MIN/MAX
Spring: Autumn:
March: 33/53 September: 59/78
April: 46/69 October: 46/66
May: 57/79 November: 32/50

NYC:
March: 35/50 September: 61/75
April: 45/61 October: 50/64
May: 54/71 November: 42/54

Although March is very similar for both cities, Beijing starts to warm up very fast in April, and Beijing is much warmer than New York in May(both max and min).
Although Beijing is slightly warmer than NYC in September (because Beijing is slightly hotter than NYC in summer), Beijing starts to cool down very fast in October, and Beijing is 10F lower than NYC in November (MIN). Let's look at October, Beijing's max 66 is still slightly higher than NYC 64. However, Beijing's max 50 is lower than NYC 54 in November. Therefore, Beijing warms up faster than NYC and also cools down faster than NYC.
Philadelphia and Beijing are more comparable though because they are closer in latitude and are more inland,
NYC is on the coast. Like I wrote in my post I think China weather is better in spring and fall due to most or many autumns in the US whether its NYC, PHILLY, The South, will get pretty chilly to cold in autumn, might as well not drag these seasons on. Let spring be a more warming one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 05:46 PM

75 posts, read 67,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
Philadelphia and Beijing are more comparable though because they are closer in latitude and are more inland,
NYC is on the coast. Like I wrote in my post I think China weather is better in spring and fall due to most or many autumns in the US whether its NYC, PHILLY, The South, will get pretty chilly to cold in autumn, might as well not drag these seasons on. Let spring be a more warming one.
Philadelphia is warmer than Beijing in autumn and cooler than Beijing in spring, just not too much compare to NYC. Also, Beijing(MAX: 50) is much cooler than Philadelphia (MAX:56) in November, and NYC(MAX: 54) is just slightly warmer than Beijing in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather