Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate
more than D 1 7.14%
D 1 7.14%
D- 3 21.43%
E 2 14.29%
F 3 21.43%
Z 3 21.43%
less than Z 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 12:36 PM

1,056 posts, read 717,335 times

Advertisements

In the words of one of mom's favorite musicians, that climate would be "no sweet dream..." F.

However, I'm not giving it an F- because at least it has mild winters and isn't a low-sun climate at any time of year, even with the cloudy winters (which, mind you, I still wouldn't like).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 01:38 PM

679 posts, read 355,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisfbath View Post
I give it a C. It's not the best, but it's a long way from the really awful climates for me. The worst of those would be the extremely cold climates and after them the extremely arid climates.

As far as Mediterranean climates go, it's too hot in summer and winter is too cold with nasty freezing records. The extreme highs are brutal. On the other hand although the winters are very cloudy and rainy, they are better than the winters here near Bristol as they are warmer and with longer days. Despite the slightly lower sunshine hours I would expect that they would be brighter given the lower latitude.

Not a big fan of Feb being the coldest month as I'd prefer Jan or even Dec to be the coldest in a northern hemisphere climate this seasonal, or July or even June in the southern hemisphere.

Did you see average highs and lows in summer months? It's brutal, because dewpoint can be 26°C with sun, which increases heating. And I did this horrendous seasonal lag, because I don't like seasonal lag and prefer June to be warmer than August, May - September, ... and February - December. And it's located in 31 latitude. And extremely arid climates usually better than medits if they haven't got brutal summer because of dry winter. Do you know short winter days means also long summer days?

Old 02-25-2020, 02:13 PM

1,503 posts, read 903,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimkin199 View Post
Did you see average highs and lows in summer months? It's brutal, because dewpoint can be 26°C with sun, which increases heating. And I did this horrendous seasonal lag, because I don't like seasonal lag and prefer June to be warmer than August, May - September, ... and February - December. And it's located in 31 latitude. And extremely arid climates usually better than medits if they haven't got brutal summer because of dry winter. Do you know short winter days means also long summer days?
No, to be honest I only noticed the summer highs and not the lows. The 32 C average low in August is nasty, it's hotter than Dallol!

I do know that short winter days mean long summer days, but the long summer days don't compensate for the short winter days for me, and I also don't like the very rapid shortening of day length in autumn that you get here. I find it quite disorientating.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:36 PM

650 posts, read 446,841 times
That UV Index is too much for me. The summers look like skin cancer waiting to happen, and the winters aren't much better. That alone makes this climate an E already, which it typically takes more than one aspect for that, but yeah. Furthermore, it lacks snow, cold, and it also is way too humid as well for how dry the summers are. Yeah this is awful. This is an F.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 PM

241 posts, read 135,851 times
35ºC mean with high humidity sounds quite scary. With lukewarm winters, very little snowfall, and no rain in summer, this gets a D-.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:22 PM

364 posts, read 240,929 times
I rate it as D.
This place is not very comfortable for six months (July-August, December-March) but it's summers are cooler and less humid than mine and it's winters are wetter. April and May are the best months because of temperature and precipitation.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:29 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,411,859 times
I prefer moderate summers and mild winters...and low humidity! Still have yet to live there. From my research I'm looking at possibly southwest u.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather