Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate Viewport
A+ 2 22.22%
A 3 33.33%
B 2 22.22%
C 0 0%
D 0 0%
F 1 11.11%
Z 0 0%
Z- 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 10:51 PM

115 posts, read 88,027 times

Advertisements

Rate my dream climate: Viewport-viewport.png

Viewport is a town located by a lake with a majority living in the lake shore area, 56,483 people live in the Viewport, but only 6,862 live in the inland suburbs, 12.1 %! Viewport is located by some high mountains similar to the Canadian Rockies.

The breakdown:

January and February feature temperatures frequently falling below zero, These months get a lot of blizzards, and it can get windy as well. But however, the inland suburbs has a winter low of 2 F in January, The lake has a lot of influence in the lake shore areas. The lowest temperature was -48 F on January 14, 1988, and the klimkin199 jumps into the game, except it is too snowy for him. He had an ideal January snowfall 3.9 in, probably would be resembling the October average snowfall

March and April are warmup months where the temperatures get warmer and the snow gets lighter. But blizzards do happen in April, April is the windiest month where wind gusts can hit 55 miles/hr,

May is when the last snow falls, May 2. It can climb into swimming temperatures at times. But however the averages are 66/49. And the Sun Belt Lover LAM, any warm weather come back to here, according to the averages

June is the third warmest month and the start of lake season despite the lake is not that warm, only in the upper 50's and the low to mid 60's.

July and August are the hottest and sunniest months, People head off to the lake on the warmest days. The lakes are successfully in the 70's, Heat indices do reach 100 F, but rarely. Summer snow is more likely to happen in the inland suburbs, but the July high in that area is 74-75 F. The highest temperature is 108 F on July 22, 2013.

September and October are the cooldown months, Temperatures get colder, lake season is over, snowfall starts on October 11th. Sunshine decreases as the birds migrate to the warmer regions.

November and December is the start of blizzard season. Temperatures may reach 0 F. Winds get higher as the Sun Belt Lover L.A.M., any warm weather have already migrated to the warmer regions back in October.

Conclusion:
This climate would resemble Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

Last edited by flashrazor 292; 03-29-2020 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 11:06 PM

679 posts, read 358,631 times
A bit too sunny and warm in summer and too cloudy in winter. And why December is sunnier than February? I rate it A-

Old 03-29-2020, 11:11 PM

115 posts, read 88,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimkin199 View Post
A bit too sunny and warm in summer and too cloudy in winter. And why December is sunnier than February? I rate it A-
Because December is warmer than February, but however, December does receive as much cloudy days as February. But December has larger sunny streaks.

Some cities in the Northern Hemisphere have that, Like San Diego, CA (in the US). February has 227 hrs, December has 231.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 AM

271 posts, read 294,115 times
Reminds me of Northern Lower Michigan. I'd give it a D+

Old 03-30-2020, 12:22 PM

95 posts, read 59,609 times
D. It’s too cold and wet year for most of the year for me. April being less sunny than November is another reason why I don’t like this climate.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:22 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,213,934 times
D-/D+, far too cold and snowy for too much of the year.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:30 PM

76 posts, read 48,829 times
D, I am not a fan of continental climates but when they have hot summers I find that they give a point to the cold winters. If April was around 18, May was already 23-24, the summer at least 30, and September at least 25-26 I would be able to enjoy such climate. Like that it is too cold and snowy for me

Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 AM

88 posts, read 47,001 times
As I am used to a maritime climate and not a continental climate, I would find the winters too cold and the summers too hot. However, there is a decent amount of precipitation so there would be lots of deep snowfall in the winter and some good thunderstorms in the summer I would imagine. Sunshine and rainy days is good.

If I lived there I would probably enjoy September and October the most because they have The most comfortable temperatures for me. I would probably try to stay indoors during the really hot days in summer and the really cold days in winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather