Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these dates?
St. Valentine's 3 21.43%
Easter 2 14.29%
Father's Day 7 50.00%
Hallowe'en 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 08:12 PM

1,551 posts, read 873,404 times

Advertisements

Valentines is February 14 of course.

Easter can be anywhere from March 22 to April 25 inclusive.

Father's Day in the Anglosphere is third Sunday of June (15-21).

Hallowe'en is obviously October 31.

Which of those dates would give the outdoor conditions you most like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 10:14 PM

5,902 posts, read 6,111,296 times
The average high for father's day is 23-24C which is just about perfect. Very long days too which I also like.

Easter is usually cool-mild, like 5-15C. On the high end of that average is nice, on the low end, not so much, especially since I'm usually looking forward to warm temperatures by then.

Halloween is basically the same, maybe a touch warmer, but the days are shorter and often more cloudy. Halloween still has leaves on the trees usually, and some late fall flowers, while Easter usually has spring bulbs and maybe Forsythias blooming. They both have their appeal, but I'll give Easter the slight edge.

Valentines day is basically the coldest part of winter. Winter can have mild 5C weather at any time, but in mid-February, there's still just as much likelihood of -20C Arctic air blasts as in January. On average, a high of 0C and low of -8C. February is usually more sunny than January but also more rainy (as counter-intuitive as that might seem) and less snowy than January. I like fresh snow but when it's just been sitting around for weeks and turning to ice, as it often is in mid-February, it's not so fun, so I prefer milder parts of winter like December.

Father's Day > Easter > Hallowe'en > Valentines

Old 04-02-2022, 02:56 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Easter is probably my favorite, we usually have nice afternoons by then, in the low 20s celsius.

Father's day can be great but also on the hotter side.

Halloween is usually not too great, mostly overcast and humid with a chance of rain.

Valentine's day is the end of the winter already

Old 04-03-2022, 08:58 PM

319 posts, read 106,796 times
Since I am in the Southern Hemisphere, my seasons are reversed compared to winter.

Valentine's Day [February 14], is usually warm and humid, with an average maximum of 26.5ºC [79.7ºF], and an average minimum of 19.5ºC [67.1ºF]. Rainfall has around a 30% of occurring, but comes in the form of a refreshing downpour. Dew Points are around 17ºC [62.6ºF] at this time of the year, which allows my skin to feel somewhat moisturised.

Easter [April 17 this year], is usually comfortable and semi-rainy, with an average maximum of 23.5ºC [74.3ºF] and an average minimum of 15ºC [59ºF]. Rainfall has around a 25% of occurring, but comes in heavy showers. Dew Points are lower, around 13ºC [55.4ºF]. This is about the time when my skin starts to get worse, as my skin is super sensitive to dryness.

Father's Day [For some reason, it is on the first Sunday [4th] of September], is cool and semi-dry, with an average maximum of 20.5ºC [68.9ºF], and an average minimum of 11ºC [51.8ºF]. Rainfall only has a 20% chance of occurring, as this part of the year is mostly dominated by foehn winds from the west. Dew Points are only 6.5ºC [43.7ºF], so my skin sucks.

Halloween [October 31], is comfortable and semi-dry, with an average maximum of 23.5ºC [74.3ºF] and an average minimum of 15.5ºC [59.9ºF]. Rainfall has a 25% chance of occurring, but it's usually light, and is the driest time of the year. Dew Points are still less than ideal, averaging 11ºC [51.8ºF], and my skin starts to slowly improve after this time.

Considering my chronic eczema, Valentine's Day is by far the best for my skin, as the warm and humid weather will allow my skin to breathe, wearing shorts. When the eczema doesn't flare up, Easter is the best precipitation and temperature-wise. Personally however, Halloween is the best, as it's approaching the summer holidays [mid-December to the end of January in Australia]. Currently, the cool and dry conditions of Father's Day isn't inviting, and I rank it last.

With Eczema: Valentine's Day >>>> Easter >> Halloween >>>> Father's Day
Without Eczema: Easter ~ Halloween > Father's Day >>> Valentine's Day
Personally: Halloween > Father's Day >>>>> Easter >> Valentine's Day.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
All of those would be a good chance of rain, probably close to 100%, but only Father's Day would be warm enough to avoid a heavy, waterproof jacket or coat. Halloween, Valentine's Day and even Easter there could be a chance of a freeze and/or snow.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:03 PM

208 posts, read 152,887 times
Father’s Day, although the seasons here are reversed.

Valentine’s Day is usually a high of 22C - 28C and a low of 12C - 16C and a high chance of heavy rainfall.

Easter is usually a high of 18C - 24C and a low of 8C - 14C and a high chance of drizzle

Father’s Day is usually a high of 11C - 19C and a low of 2C - 8C and almost no chance of rainfall

Halloween is usually a high of 14C - 24C and a low of 6C - 14C with a moderate chance of thunderstorm

Old 04-08-2022, 02:08 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,470,727 times
Halloween is my favourite holiday and fall is my favourite season so its an easy pick for me. Around here I have seen Halloweens get as warm as the high 50s and as cold as low 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather