Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tacoma vs. Orlando
Tacoma 34 72.34%
Orlando 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 06:32 PM

460 posts, read 232,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
The first time I went to Florida I legitimately had difficulty breathing due to the heat and humidity...never felt anything like it before.
Now I have trouble breathing too in these climates and a lot further North from them as well, as soon as it's humid and warm. And sweating, from every little effort or just sitting around or sleeping. I don't get this in dry heat, unless it's over 100F may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 01:47 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
Now I have trouble breathing too in these climates and a lot further North from them as well, as soon as it's humid and warm. And sweating, from every little effort or just sitting around or sleeping. I don't get this in dry heat, unless it's over 100F may be.
Well yeah, that's why AC was invented. Sweating while sleeping? Did your home not have AC, or were you just cheap? Don't forget you will need heating in Tacoma.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:49 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Quote:
I lived in LA, but not by the beach, more inland, and definitely no gloom...I guess you meant some fogginess or light clouds by the beach? I found that's no real gloom but rather a nice cooldown feature compared to inland, and especially compared to brutal gloom of Western WA, which nearly finished me off back when I tried to live there. It was nice to go down to cooler beach to escape heat and hot sun inland.
I lived in North Irvine, and we definitely had long stretches of June gloom.

Sure, it's more pronounced at the beach, but you often have overcast June days as far inland as San Bernardino.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:18 PM

42 posts, read 25,772 times
Both are amazing in different ways. I refuse to vote

Old 05-20-2020, 12:04 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
Quote:
I never considered Hanford to be a problem for Northwestern WA (and NE WA, which is kind of directly downwind if one assumes winds mostly blowing West->East, is more of an agricultural or barren type of place not being popular for relocation anyway). Is it?
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a nuclear superfund site that's next to a river. With a nuclear powerstation next door.

Actually, Spokane is in eastern Washington and is a popular city.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:06 PM

679 posts, read 359,005 times
Tacoma: C- (wrong precipitation pattern, summers too sunny, winters too cloudy)
Orlando: D+ (too sunny year-round, winters too warm, summers too hot)

Old 11-26-2020, 05:00 PM

167 posts, read 111,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian Luzzatto View Post
True not many people would put up with Florida's 12 months a year of no cool relief from the oven heat that is Florida and move there if the cost of living in Florida was as expensive as California for example! Many people will make sacrifices and put up with 12 months a year of no cool relief from the oven heat that is Florida in order to save money!
This. Tacoma all the way

Old 11-26-2020, 07:28 PM

377 posts, read 258,700 times
Tacoma easily. Even Tacoma's summers are a little bit too warm, but acceptable. Both have nonexistent winters though. Orlando has a very interesting precipitation pattern that's pleasurable to look at.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 AM

346 posts, read 199,158 times
Orlando >>>>> Tacoma.

Tacoma summers are weak, real weak. I need more heat. Winters too chilly for me but hey, each his or her own. At least winter is somewhat stable tho...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather