Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 05:39 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nowadays, even in Scandinavia could be hot. Climate change.
Those are countries with a LOT of sunny days, unfortunately sunshine seems to go together with heat.

Portugal, perhaps? On the coast?

https://www.loveexploring.com/galler...r-round?page=1

Seriously, get treatment for SAD - you will feel so much better in cloudy days.
Your area in Texas is gonna become a tropical rainforest soon lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 03:36 AM

7,503 posts, read 6,285,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmithMMXVIII View Post
Oh I am not interested in Western Europe, so Spain, France and Portugal are out of the question, not my type of societies... I'd prefer to stick to more Centrally/Easternly Located countries (From Apulia up to Skelleftea Sweden and Vaasa Finland). I know Hungary is very sunny, sunnier than most of France, but the summers can get too hot there. Btw, cloudy winters are OK, Sofia has 2000 sunshine hours yearly yet winters are mostly cloudy with the occasional clear day, and springs can be rainy too. Tell me more about Northern Poland.

I don't know what you mean by "not my type of societies"

Also Budapest has very similar sunshine hours to central eastern France, about 50% with 2000 hours, similar to Lyon. The temperatures are pretty similar as well.

Southern France is definitely sunnier, up to 2800 hours in Marseille or Nice, but then you might find it too hot.

I think it's generally difficult in Europe to find a place with at least 50% sunshine and summers that remain below 25c. That's why I pointed out to the coast of western France which is kinda an outlier in that it's relatively sunny while maintaining mild summers because it's right on the coast.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:44 AM

109 posts, read 86,441 times
I mean I have already travelled a lot in Western Europe and while I enjoyed it, I feel more connected to Central Europe. In that term I include Italy, Sweden and Finland as well as. Yes, they're culturally Western, but if you look on the map, they're more to the Central (and even Eastern in the case of Finland) position. I've always liked Southern Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden and Finland the most in their respective regions in Europe and only recently I discovered all of them are roughly located around the 17th to 20th meridians east.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:15 PM

109 posts, read 86,441 times
OK, I will try to shorten my OP to something more clear.
Are there any places in Central/Eastern Europe or Scandinavia where the summer temps rarely go above 80 F, yet their summers are mostly clear/sunny?

Ignore winter conditions, I ask about the summers as today I got a mild heat stroke due to spending too much hours outside (I did drink water, avoided direct sunlight for too long and wore a hat). I love sun but if I get heatstrokes at just about 86 degrees F what's the point? I feel uncomfortable at anything above 80 F and absoultely dread 90+ F.

Old 07-11-2020, 02:00 PM

3,600 posts, read 2,690,881 times
Somewhere at altitude in the south-facing slopes of the southern part of the Alps. That's in Central Europe geographically.

Should be mostly sunny due to being dominated by the subtropical High typical of the Mediterranean summer, yet not hot due to altitude. Something like 1200 -1700 m ASL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather