Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2020, 12:36 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The first freeze of the season in Vilas County, WI usually occurs by the end of August or early September. Land O' Lakes AWOS is usually one I watch at 1,700 ft that is far enough removed from additional cloud influences of Lake Superior.
Newberry forest campground saw their first frost yesterday with a low temp of 37. But a freeze doesn’t happen until the end of September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 05:06 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
.............. and I'll follow that last post with my low tonight is 57f! Feels great outside. We got to a high today of 78. Small taste of Fall, gearing up for a beautiful fall in the ozarks.
That don't count. You live high in the rocks so no wonder you are cool. Try that low on the ground and there are no lows like that and this is Aug anyways and not fall.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:51 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
That don't count. You live high in the rocks so no wonder you are cool. Try that low on the ground and there are no lows like that and this is Aug anyways and not fall.
And you live in a borderline tropical climate (Aw), so you really don’t get defined fall seasons anyways, of course even the ozarks don’t get the sharply defined seasons that the Midwestern United States gets, so neither one of you have any right to point fingers at each other.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:58 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
And you live in a borderline tropical climate (Aw), so you really don’t get defined fall seasons anyways, of course even the ozarks don’t get the sharply defined seasons that the Midwestern United States gets, so neither one of you have any right to point fingers at each other.
Point fingers at each other? This is a weather forum, I stated what my weather was. Scandalous!

Old 08-20-2020, 04:30 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
I used to get 50's by mid Oct almost every year back in the 70's -1980's. I sure noticed it getting warmer every 5 years it just got worse every 5 years. The last 5 years have been off the charts above normal and the next 5 years will be even worse. Only had a 66f near the end Oct of last year as the coolest temp.That is insane anyway ya look at it.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:21 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,915,255 times
First frost hits Northern Pennsylvania yesterday, August 20th, 2020.

Old 08-22-2020, 06:21 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Man, I'm looking forward to fall. It's been a hot summer.

Old 08-22-2020, 06:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Man, I'm looking forward to fall. It's been a hot summer.
Hot? Most people in DFW would consider Minneapolis and much of the upper Midwest as being subarctic in climate. You were once in the DFW area, perhaps you could convince your Texas friends that Minneapolis is not subarctic

Old 08-22-2020, 07:41 PM

763 posts, read 379,158 times
Quote:
Hot? Most people in DFW would consider Minneapolis and much of the upper Midwest as being subarctic in climate. You were once in the DFW area, perhaps you could convince your Texas friends that Minneapolis is not subarctic
Minneapolis gets hot in the summer in my opinion too. 85F+ is hot. Minneapolis gets multiple 90F+ days in the summer, and one cannot say that Minneapolis has cold summers.

After this week, highs should be in the mid 70s with lows in the high 50s here, which is perfect September weather.

This week the highs will be in the low to mid 80s, with lows in the mid 60s. I think this will be our last taste of summer.

Last edited by user491; 08-22-2020 at 07:52 PM..

Old 08-23-2020, 06:49 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:

Ummm have you even SEEN our weather forecasts? The next few days are all hitting the 90s. Also, I doubt most people in DFW are stupid enough to believe that. Maybe they exaggerate the cold but anyone with half a brain would know we have warm summers. Subarctic? Not even close.

And all my Texas friends know its not subarctic. They seen my instagram pictures of me in my pool or at the lake lol. Literally going tubing tomorrow... and no, not snow tubing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather