Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which fictional climate do you prefer?
Night Market Luv Letter 2 15.38%
Miteiru Dake De 4 30.77%
Tuturu 2 15.38%
Transhumanity 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 02:09 PM

525 posts, read 486,940 times

Advertisements

This will be the third climate battle in a 4-part series. Each battle features 1 fictional climate inspired by each of the 4 anime series I used for inspiration. Feel free to rate, and vote for the climate you would most enjoy/least hate living in! This climate battle consists of 4 climates with more frequent rainy days and higher rainfall totals for the climate type.

Spoiler
I used to make a ton of fictional climates when I was a teenager, but grew out of it during college. In 2014-2015 I watched 4 anime series my college friends recommended, and was inspired to make 4 sets of 4 fictional climates based on each anime. Thought I'd share them with this forum now.

Anime #1 is a sci-fi anime set in Tokyo during summer 2010, Anime #2 is a murder mystery anime set in 1980s rural Japan, Anime #3 is set in a post-apocalyptic fictional universe, and Anime #4 is based on a slice-of-life visual novel that I have no interest in playing and will not describe further. I'll let the Japanese pop culture enthusiasts guess what they are. NOTE: Climate #1 doesn't necessarily correspond to Anime #1, Climate #2 doesn't necessarily correspond to Anime #2, etc.

Rainy Climate #1: Night Market Luv Letter

Cloud and fog-prone coastal area on the east coast of a continent near a rugged mountain range. The climate experiences a slight rain shadow due to the coast being parallel to the prevailing onshore winds. Natural vegetation is temperate/subtropical cloud forest interspersed with grass meadows and wetlands.

Rainy Climate #2: Miteiru Dake De

Snowy, gloomy peninsula on the east coast of a temperate continent facing an icy marginal sea that freezes over for 2 months. Natural vegetation is warmth-loving taiga with hardy bamboo thickets and deciduous woodland in some areas.

Rainy Climate #3: Tuturu

Low-lying quasi-coastal subtropical plain prone to foehn winds from nearby mountains during late summer. Despite receiving heavier and more consistent rain than most Mediterranean climates, this region often goes months without any significant precipitation during the hot summers. Natural vegetation is laurel forest on the coastal strip, with shrub thickets on cliffs and more exposed areas.

Rainy Climate #4: Transhumanity

Uninhabited cliff top 200-300 m above sea level on a small subtropical volcanic island in the middle of a vast ocean. The station itself is on the windward side of the island, close to where the cliff drops off into the ocean. Natural vegetation consists of wet meadows and krummholz shrubs.

Link to Part 1

Link to Part 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyche_da_mike24 View Post

Rainy Climate #1: Night Market Luv Letter

Cloud and fog-prone coastal area on the east coast of a continent near a rugged mountain range. The climate experiences a slight rain shadow due to the coast being parallel to the prevailing onshore winds. Natural vegetation is temperate/subtropical cloud forest interspersed with grass meadows and wetlands.
https://i.imgur.com/TgiJAfa.png

Rainy Climate #2: Miteiru Dake De

Snowy, gloomy peninsula on the east coast of a temperate continent facing an icy marginal sea that freezes over for 2 months. Natural vegetation is warmth-loving taiga with hardy bamboo thickets and deciduous woodland in some areas.
https://i.imgur.com/VCfQdt0.png

Rainy Climate #3: Tuturu

Low-lying quasi-coastal subtropical plain prone to foehn winds from nearby mountains during late summer. Despite receiving heavier and more consistent rain than most Mediterranean climates, this region often goes months without any significant precipitation during the hot summers. Natural vegetation is laurel forest on the coastal strip, with shrub thickets on cliffs and more exposed areas.
https://i.imgur.com/kVefpzf.png

Rainy Climate #4: Transhumanity

Uninhabited cliff top 200-300 m above sea level on a small subtropical volcanic island in the middle of a vast ocean. The station itself is on the windward side of the island, close to where the cliff drops off into the ocean. Natural vegetation consists of wet meadows and krummholz shrubs.
https://i.imgur.com/PIr3eid.png
Night Market Luv Letter (#1) Classification-
Köppen: Cfa, Trewartha: Cf, Psyche_da_mike24: Cfa

Miteiru Dake De (#2) Classification-
Köppen: Dfa, Trewartha: Dca, Psyche_da_mike24: Dfa

Tuturu (#3) Classification-
Köppen: Csa, Trewartha: A wet Cs, Psyche_da_mike24: Bsa

Transhumanity (#4) Classification-
Köppen: Cfb, Trewartha: Do, Psyche_da_mike24: Cfb/Bfb

Old 08-25-2020, 09:13 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,792,050 times
I'm going with Transhumanity due to the consistently of the rain and temperatures being half decent, even if there's a bit too much rainy days.

In a close second is Night Market Luv Letter. The only problem with this place is that the rain is too concentrated in the summer as oppose to the winter.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:07 AM

I'm a big disappointed people aren't fans of Tuturu. I thought a wet Mediterranean climate would be better received on here.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:29 PM

679 posts, read 360,019 times
Transhumanity gets A-. It has best summers, but too mild in winter.
Miteiru Dake De gets B+. It has best winters, but too warm in summer. I like sunshine drop in summer though.
Night Market Luv Letter gets B. It's a bit too warm year-round. I like summer precipitation maximum.
Tuturu gets D+. Precipitafion pattsrn is crooke, summers too sunny and it's too warm year-round.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:00 PM

196 posts, read 137,510 times
Tuturu is the best by far. Mediterranean paradise! Pretty close to my dream climate, just a tad too warm, but likely deserving of an ultra-rare A+ grade.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan257 View Post
Tuturu is the best by far. Mediterranean paradise! Pretty close to my dream climate, just a tad too warm, but likely deserving of an ultra-rare A+ grade.
Tuturu is probably milder (warmer) and wetter than would be theoretically possible for a Mediterranean climate on Planet Earth, especially considering how sunny it is. Even most Med climates with cooler winters/shoulder seasons and more humid summers don’t get this much rain, unless they’re on the windward side of nearby mountain ranges.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:09 PM

366 posts, read 243,566 times
I choose Night Market Luv Letter.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:31 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,375,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyche_da_mike24 View Post
I'm a big disappointed people aren't fans of Tuturu. I thought a wet Mediterranean climate would be better received on here.
I'm fan of Tuturu, but I don't get what this climate has to do with our beloved Orihime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather