U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:47 PM

900 posts, read 1,711,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blank View Post
By "best", I mean sunny and warm with low/moderate humidity. A light breeze is OK, but I'm over the wind.

I've tried various low elevation areas in AZ, but found them to be WAY too windy, especially in spring. Phoenix and some parts of Tuscon aren't so windy, but that's only because the surrounding mountains protect them from the wind. I don't want to stay in a city or the suburbs.

Haven't tried South Florida/Keys etc, but honestly from what I've seen it's way too crowded.

Most of the USA is blown out over spring. The whole season is mostly a right-off, if you want to camp and do outdoor activities.

Australia, being in the southern hemisphere, is a natural choice, since Dec-April is their summer/fall. But summer (Dec/Jan/Feb) is their cyclone/rainy season.

It's a big wide world out there, so where has this elusive nice weather Dec-April? I'm guessing it's going to be in the southern hemisphere and/or near the equator. Or maybe it just doesn't exist anywhere this time of year?
Have you given the Rio Grande Valley around Big Bend National Park a thought? It is generally very nice at elevations below about 3000 feet and even a bit to the northwest of there can be pleasant. Much of that territory is at or above 5000 feet, though, so the occasional cold shot of air can ruin an afternoon or two but, even here, it isn't too bad.
Someone who knows the area better than I can speak to the wind but when my wife and I were there in early April, we had little issue with it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather