Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 01:19 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Looks like once again another hot summer for most of the US.

Global warming continues to cause an increase in summer temps.
Or maybe not

https://twitter.com/commoditywx/stat...492207108?s=20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 02:01 PM

585 posts, read 245,183 times
Any forecast months out is not even worth taking a grain of salt in. Personally I'm hoping for hot and dry summer in the lakes region. More swimming and boating opportunities.

Old 04-14-2022, 04:57 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togan93 View Post
Any forecast months out is not even worth taking a grain of salt in. Personally I'm hoping for hot and dry summer in the lakes region. More swimming and boating opportunities.
I just want 60" of rain for June thru Sept. Tired of going weeks with no rain in the summer.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:28 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Consistent measurable rainfall would be ideal and average temps, but so far no indication as such.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:41 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Weather.com has just released their summer outlook and it’s a hot one.

By August, the above-average warmth will shift into parts of the Midwest and Northeast.

Old 04-15-2022, 01:55 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Hopefully not hot, but wouldn't be surprised if heat builds in very fast over those semi-arid portions of the High Plains and Central Plains that are already under severe drought conditions with blowing dust or red flag warnings now being issued almost weekly. With weak La Nina continuing I expect closer to average precipitation for the Ohio Valley. I will have to water the spruce and fir trees I planted in my yard, but they get some partial shade through a portion of the day.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:21 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Weather.com has just released their summer outlook and it’s a hot one.

By August, the above-average warmth will shift into parts of the Midwest and Northeast.

I don't buy it. This pattern reminds me a lot of like 2008 which was close to normal in Mean temps but with below normal number of hot days (+90F). Its been incredibly wet here so far this spring. I think the heat will be focused further west than my region (Illinois). Spring precip is a big factor in the Midwest in reducing drought and heat risks for the summer. A feedback. Not saying it can't get hot, it's just less likely to have weeks of unending heat here if the soil moisture levels are elevated as it causes convection (stroms) to cool things off.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:05 PM

585 posts, read 245,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I don't buy it. This pattern reminds me a lot of like 2008 which was close to normal in Mean temps but with below normal number of hot days (+90F). Its been incredibly wet here so far this spring. I think the heat will be focused further west than my region (Illinois). Spring precip is a big factor in the Midwest in reducing drought and heat risks for the summer. A feedback. Not saying it can't get hot, it's just less likely to have weeks of unending heat here if the soil moisture levels are elevated as it causes convection (stroms) to cool things off.
Crappy spring weather doesn't necessarily mean a summer letdown. Spring 2019 was one of the worst spring seasons I've ever experienced here but the pattern flipped in June and the summer that year was mostly sunny and warm. Same situation in 2011, horrible spring that lead to hot/dry summer in the area. In fact, most of the crappy springs over the past few years have led to great summers so I'm not losing hope.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:21 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
2008 was a wetter summer for me.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:23 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Quote:
Summer 2008 wasn’t as humid as more recent summers and 2008 definitely sucked compared to 2010 and 2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather