Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is more subtropical?
North Carolina 14 51.85%
North Island NZ 10 37.04%
Both in their way 4 14.81%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 05:25 PM

402 posts, read 81,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emman85 View Post
Lol, if that's the case then Northern New Zealand is more "subtropical" than freakin Central Florida and parts of South Florida.
Bro south Florida is tropical, here I am 1 degree shorr of tropical in coldest month!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 05:33 PM

397 posts, read 255,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't think of username View Post
By any chance did you mean Brooksville and Archbold Station as below? I ask because I brought these up in an older discussion we were in and what you said falls pretty well in line with that discussion.

But, that is likewise exactly my problem with these ridiculous vegetation arguments, by their logic these are less Cfa than Northern New Zealand.

As for this thread, North Carolina without question from my weather mechanism point of view.
You have to go further south into Florida to even get to something like Auckland's hardiness zone(10b), by that point it's basically tropical. I like to take the stupid assumptions these people make and draw them to their logical conclusions which they often won't defend.

Sandshark's crap is even worse because their area(Motueka) is only zone 9a and a chilly oceanic one at that.

By the way he talks you'd think Motueka never gets below freezing when Motueka has average winter lows around the freezing mark.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 PM

381 posts, read 95,347 times
Quote:
You have to go further south into Florida to even get to something like Auckland's hardiness zone(10b), by that point it's basically tropical. I like to take the stupid assumptions these people make and draw them to their logical conclusions which they often won't defend.

Sandshark's crap is even worse because their area(Motueka) is only zone 9a and a chilly oceanic one at that.

By the way he talks you'd think Motueka never gets below freezing when Motueka has average winter lows around the freezing mark.
I do mention skiing and snow on the hills very often. I also mention frost , but not so often because it's so normal here, so mostly just early/late frost etc.

It would be illogical for me to imply that where I am never gets freezing temperatures, because freezing temperatures aren't an impediment to growing citrus here.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:15 PM

2,816 posts, read 1,406,342 times
Quote:

BINGO!!!!!! I concur completely with that, it's the best way to be exposing nonsense for what it is.

I won't get into any of the rest, but it's nice to see great minds thinking alike.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:24 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
I voted for North Island NZ

Can grow more temp sensitive plants and trees.

Has some places that rarely ever get frost.
^This.

Case closed.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:26 PM

Quote:
BINGO!!!!!! I concur completely with that, it's the best way to be exposing nonsense for what it is.

I won't get into any of the rest, but it's nice to see great minds thinking alike.
What are the stupid assumptions? and what are the logical conclusions?

It seems "these people" includes me, but I don't know what these assumptions and conclusions are.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
^This.

Case closed.
So you are getting on board with the logic dictating that Central Florida is less Cfa than New Zealand's North Island?

Old 04-03-2024, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshark View Post
What are the stupid assumptions? and what are the logical conclusions?

It seems "these people" includes me, but I don't know what these assumptions and conclusions are.
I had assumed that statement in the comment I quoted was referring to this comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
I voted for North Island NZ

Can grow more temp sensitive plants and trees.

Has some places that rarely ever get frost.
It was, after all, the comment that falls in line with this:
Quote:
I like to take the stupid assumptions these people make and draw them to their logical conclusions which they often won't defend.
In the form of:
Quote:
Lol, if that's the case then Northern New Zealand is more "subtropical" than freakin Central Florida and parts of South Florida.
If Emman85 could clarify that would be good. But this was always the impression I had when I quoted that comment.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I had assumed that statement in the comment I quoted was referring to this comment:

It was, after all, the comment that falls in line with this:

In the form of:

If Emman85 could clarify that would be good. But this was always the impression I had when I quoted that comment.
Fair enough. Emman85 made the rather odd claim that I said there was no frost in my area, so had assumed I was one of "these people".

Old 04-03-2024, 11:21 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Quote:
So you are getting on board with the logic dictating that Central Florida is less Cfa than New Zealand's North Island?
Who is talking about Central Florida and "Cfa"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather