Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is more subtropical?
North Carolina 14 51.85%
North Island NZ 10 37.04%
Both in their way 4 14.81%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 12:53 PM

395 posts, read 80,288 times

Advertisements

Lets make it further now, we need to understand. In the Virginia thread Virginia at 42% leads as number 1 vote, but the other 58% is spread between votes of both in their way, NZ and depending which place. But Virginia is on lead. What if instead of Virginia we use North Carolina vs North Island NZ, it seems like a stronger argument! We are going to a more southern place than Virginia and to an specific area of NZ. Lets start it lets see how this goes. I personally vote NC, NZ is oceanic for me, though a warm one it is not really subtropical. NC is subtropical, it is even pure almost, and the coastal area seems strongly subtropical. The vegetation is suitable and more subtropical plants than VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM

395 posts, read 80,288 times
Give me your opinions

Old 04-02-2024, 10:07 PM

397 posts, read 255,033 times
North Carolina is more subtropical.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:03 PM

376 posts, read 94,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtropical-is-temperate3 View Post
Lets make it further now, we need to understand. In the Virginia thread Virginia at 42% leads as number 1 vote, but the other 58% is spread between votes of both in their way, NZ and depending which place. But Virginia is on lead. What if instead of Virginia we use North Carolina vs North Island NZ, it seems like a stronger argument! We are going to a more southern place than Virginia and to an specific area of NZ. Lets start it lets see how this goes. I personally vote NC, NZ is oceanic for me, though a warm one it is not really subtropical. NC is subtropical, it is even pure almost, and the coastal area seems strongly subtropical. The vegetation is suitable and more subtropical plants than VA.

Why bother with vegetation? That just confuses the fact that the north island has more ecology that hasn't evolved a dormant season and can grow a wider range of plants the nc can, with classification.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:22 PM

2,368 posts, read 1,054,042 times
I voted for North Island NZ

Can grow more temp sensitive plants and trees.

Has some places that rarely ever get frost.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
I voted for North Island NZ

Can grow more temp sensitive plants and trees.

Has some places that rarely ever get frost.
Lol, if that's the case then Northern New Zealand is more "subtropical" than freakin Central Florida and parts of South Florida.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:53 PM

2,368 posts, read 1,054,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emman85 View Post
Lol, if that's the case then Northern New Zealand is more "subtropical" than freakin Central Florida and parts of South Florida.
All I know is I like to have a glass of freshly squeezed North Island NZ orange juice
....nothing tastes better

Old 04-03-2024, 05:01 PM

2,815 posts, read 1,405,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emman85 View Post
By any chance did you mean Brooksville and Archbold Station as below? I ask because I brought these up in an older discussion we were in and what you said falls pretty well in line with that discussion.

But, that is likewise exactly my problem with these ridiculous vegetation arguments, by their logic these are less Cfa than Northern New Zealand.

As for this thread, North Carolina without question from my weather mechanism point of view.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:11 PM

376 posts, read 94,311 times
Quote:
All I know is I like to have a glass of freshly squeezed North Island NZ orange juice
My south island oj is pretty good. The reality for those who live in a climate where citrus is an easy grow, is that juicing is where usually most home grown oranges end up being used, as they are such prolific producers that they won't all be eaten. I eat 1-2 a day, and that would be maybe 10 percent of what is produced a year on the property.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:18 PM

Quote:
So there's no logical comeback to what I said, good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather