Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,430 times

Advertisements

32.5mm here so far, no storms but good soaking moderate rain for hours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 03:48 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,505,571 times
Thats good. You need all the rain you can get. How far are you off the July average?

Fine and sunny here today after morning fogs and frosts. -1 degrees here this morning, very cold.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 AM

A pre-frontal cloud band crossed Victoria today, but it remained fine and mostly sunny for the most part of the day. There were morning fog and frost patches about the state also.

Some showers and possible storms on the way tomorrow and Sunday, clearing Monday before better rain and storms midweek onwards.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:22 PM

17mm to 9am this morning. Radar looks great too./

Old 07-26-2008, 06:05 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Just another day of rain and cloud

To all those that think everywhere in Australia is warm and sunny year round: BEWARE....... Do not come to Southern Victoria between March and November because it WILL be cold and it WILL be cloudy, GUARANTEED

Old 07-27-2008, 12:58 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
That's surprising.
From what I saw, Port Hedland looked like a hot and boring town so far from anywhere I thought that would make it cheap to live there; perfect for a guy like me. But it sounds like Ft. McMurray if the housing price is double what it is elsewhere. Still... Ft. McMurray is only 4.5 hours drive from a major city and Port Hedland looks like a full day drive.
Yer in Port Hedland it costs $700,000 to buy something that resembles a Bangkok slum.

Quote:
Let me guess, you're not a fan of high humidity SAB?
I can handle lows from 27-30 C easily. They're not very comfortable, but I'd prefer a low of 30 C with 100% humidity over an overnight low under 4 C.
No really, I tend to sweat like an animal. I LOVE lows of 27-30C, and here such nights usually have humidities below 10% so it's more of a warm caressing feeling rather than taking a shower in your own sweat.

Quote:
Alice Springs sound like it might be annoying for me... (high crime/drunks) so I'd need a sweet job offer to consider that.
Yeah lots of problems with aboriginies there. Plus it's 2000km to the nearest decent sized town.

Quote:
Townsville sounds nice...
Australia as a whole is a dry and fairly sunny country;
largely yes.

Quote:
Is there any industrial activity happening around there, maybe away from the coast?
Nothing much happening away from the coast. Mostly agriculture an mining and some of the Murray River towns are popular with tourists thanks to their 3200+ annual sunshine hours.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
No really, I tend to sweat like an animal. I LOVE lows of 27-30C, and here such nights usually have humidities below 10% so it's more of a warm caressing feeling rather than taking a shower in your own sweat.
I'd have never guessed you sweat easily.

Does it sound odd that in the shade, 27 C with 60% humidity feels pleastantly-dry (I could not ask for drier skin )
and feel only gentle warmth for a Canadian?
How about for an Australian?

A shower in my own sweat?
That would have to be over 75% at 27 C, over 60-65% humidity at 30 C, over 55% at 32 C, over 50% at 34 C and probably over 35% at 36 C.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
TWC just had a bit of a story about Australia on there. They were showing people playing and sledding in what looked like snow. But they said, "It's wintertime in Aust., but this isn't snow they're sledding on. They went on with their story and explained that it was hail. I was shocked at how the people were dressed. Most of them had jeans and sweaters on, but one guy was out there in a pair of shorts. We'd freeze to death here in the winter if we were dressed like that.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
TWC just had a bit of a story about Australia on there. They were showing people playing and sledding in what looked like snow. But they said, "It's wintertime in Aust., but this isn't snow they're sledding on. They went on with their story and explained that it was hail. I was shocked at how the people were dressed. Most of them had jeans and sweaters on, but one guy was out there in a pair of shorts. We'd freeze to death here in the winter if we were dressed like that.
Yeah it depends which part of Aus its in! do you have the link for the story, would be interesting to read! thanks.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
Yeah it depends which part of Aus its in! do you have the link for the story, would be interesting to read! thanks.
Sorry, I don't have a link. It was on tv and I'm not sure where the site would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather