Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
I can't really make up my mind - sometimes I think Mediterranean climates are best, other times I think a climate that has some possibility of snow in the winter and thunderstorms in the summer is more interesting. I'm torn.

BTW I read somewhere that Perth is pretty windy, sometimes down right uncomfortable, just like Cape Town. Is that a big deal?
^^ Me too.

I'm not sure what I would consider the "best climate", my tastes vary according to my mood.
However the "best climate" would probably have to have all-time, record lows at 40+ F. (4+ C)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,018,560 times
Choking humidity, with piercing tropical sunshine, hot and steamy nights, rampant torrential thunderstorms with a bit of hail and hurricane force gusts for good measure.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Choking humidity, with piercing tropical sunshine, hot and steamy nights, rampant torrential thunderstorms with a bit of hail and hurricane force gusts for good measure.
How would this do?
BBC - Weather Centre - World Weather - Average Conditions - Madras

Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,018,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Perfect! Can't wait to move.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Perfect! Can't wait to move.
I hear that in the hotter parts of India, it's common to sweat while you're taking a shower.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
My favorite is Hawaii........
But, closer to home my favorite is Florida. I love the heat and I love being surrounded by water.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I love being by water, too, but of the cooler variety, Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, woohoo!

I still remember being shocked when I went to the Caribbean the first time (1982) the water was so warm to me! It was March and people thought the water was "cold"! They didn't know what cold water is (not until they check out Lake Superior)!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
BTW I read somewhere that Perth is pretty windy, sometimes down right uncomfortable, just like Cape Town. Is that a big deal?
Not so pretty windy, but bl**dy windy! I hate Perth's wind. I find it annoying. And costly - three fences have blown down since we've been here, and a garage door damaged. Insurance doesn't cover the whole lot. A lot of sleepless nights. The only good side to the wind is that the bl**dy flies can't land on you. And we've got trillions of flies. Was just in southern Africa, and with all that poo lying around, they've far less flies than we do here. Cape Town's windy too. One day we were there the cable car up to Table Mtn was shut. Happens frequently apparently. But their temperatures aren't as extreme as Perth's.

Perth's weather is a bit too extreme for me - the heat, specifically. I love the amount of sunshine we get and the predominantly dry heat, but those really hot days are a pain in the butt. Your energy level gets depleted and you don't want to do much, if anything, particularly outside. Too much sun is dangerous too.

My vote for best weather is San Diego. Inland gets very hot there but closer to the coast it's milder. Weird thing about Perth is that it can still get to 44C, right by the coast. Desert meets the Sea.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Summer:

Stifling-Stagnant Heat, High Humidity (not the foggy kind), Beaming Sunshine during the day. 70's/80's for lows.

Precipitation comes in the form of Very Strong/Severe Thunderstorms with Torrential Downpours & Cloud-To-Ground Lightning.

Winter:

Warm & Pleasant (70's/80's) during the day, 60's/70's for lows. Precipitation comes in the form of Sun-Showers or T-Storms.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Summer:

Stifling-Stagnant Heat, High Humidity (not the foggy kind), Beaming Sunshine during the day. 70's/80's for lows.

Precipitation comes in the form of Very Strong/Severe Thunderstorms with Torrential Downpours & Cloud-To-Ground Lightning.

Winter:

Warm & Pleasant (70's/80's) during the day, 60's/70's for lows. Precipitation comes in the form of Sun-Showers or T-Storms.
^^ See "Madras"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather