U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM

9,594 posts, read 24,974,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We did a weather comparison and my weather in So. Dak. is actually worse then his. If I remember correctly, my summers are warmer, but my winters are also colder. And you probably know that I don't even live in the very coldest part of the U.S. No. Dak., Wyo., Mont., and Mn. are colder states then my own.
Actually, your weather might be a little nicer than mine.
Not only are your summers warmer,
but your annual average high is higher as well as getting twice the sunshine.

The warmest part of the day being warmer would be nice for a walk outside and even though the morning lows average lower,
many people are still asleep at the coldest time of day.

Mitchell, SD is only looks worse for it's cold snaps and perhaps extreme wind.
It would be less frustrating to be a gardener in Toronto since our weather is more stable,
but this stable weather can also be a drag when it's predictably cold and cloudy
and you can't wait for the first afternoon of the year in the 70's F.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM

795 posts, read 1,272,154 times
I'm a fan of perpetual warmth and sunshine and especially hot nights (which are really only found in the tropics). I love heat and don't find consistent beautiful weather "boring," other than enjoying partly cloudy days more than clear blue days because it gives me something to look at. Rain and snow, forget it. I'll admit thunder is cool though.

From my searches, I've found the best climate in the world is possibly on the Cape Verde islands just off Africa. Or maybe the Canaries. Mid 70s in the winter, low 80s in the summer and relatively dry. 65-70 I can tolerate. Below 65 is too cold. I'll vacation to the cold if I ever miss it (fat chance).

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM

576 posts, read 1,714,322 times
Below 65 is "cold"? You'd freeze all but July and August (maybe the fringe summer months of June and September too) in Seattle.

I think below 40 is too cold, and above 90 is too hot, but 60-80 is where I'm most comfortable. The rest outside that range is tolerable.

I'd say Tokyo has the best weather (as well as the best, well, a lot of things). Four seasons with no snow (I hate snow, but even more I hate constant rain/drizzle, and REALLY hate getting boring old rain when in other places it's snowing). Hot, but not obnoxiously hot in the summer, mild (40s and 50s) in the winter, and perfect temps in Spring and Fall.

Right now, unfortunately, I'm living in probably the worst possible climate for me.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,071,413 times
^^ below 65 is cold atleast in summer anyway.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:35 PM

338 posts, read 513,101 times
Istanbul, Rome, Vienna

Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 AM

60 posts, read 86,388 times
I'd love to live in either Perth, Sydney or Adelaide. Or Dallas or Houston. They all have hot weather and I love the heat. Not like London which is cold and grey all day long in the summer. Slightest bit of warmth we get and they call it a heat wave here. I'd love to be a weather presenter. In the UK they get so cheery when the weather hits 70. I'd be depressed-looking on the tv until the weather hit 105 but this is london so we'd never hit that

Old 08-21-2009, 04:38 AM

2,400 posts, read 2,881,995 times
Perth is by far and all the best for summer heat. Sydney does not get as hot as Perth but the humidity would have you think otherwise.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:08 AM

60 posts, read 86,388 times
Perth is by far and all the best for summer heat. Sydney does not get as hot as Perth but the humidity would have you think otherwise.

Sydney is just beautiful. I understand it might not be as hot as Perth but Manly is beautiful

Old 08-21-2009, 11:45 AM

2,789 posts, read 5,651,396 times
Mediterranean climate is hard to beat (although I would need to spend 10 min every day to bathe myself in SPF 100 sun block before leaving my house).

Old 08-21-2009, 12:00 PM

55 posts, read 50,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
Rainy and stormy and about 65F
I have to say Perth has the best climate in the world
Winter temps: Max: 60-70F Min: 40-50F
Summer temps: Max: 75-95F Min: 60-65F
Summer has mostly sunny days with an odd storm
Winter has rainy days with suny breaks in between the wet days
This is the second post I have seen about weather in Australia. I thought it was always pretty nice there; guess I was wrong..you too have your fair share of variances in the weather.

I live in Connecticut, USA more or less the central part of this state, East Coast of the United States and our weather here is quirky to say the least. This summer came to us later than normal and right now we are in the middle of a 7 day heat wave with temperatures in the high 80's to 95 degrees with lots of humidity. The heat isn't the issue as much as the humidity is. Further North in Maine they would call this "dog days of august". Everyone moves slower, people flock to the beaches or stay in their Air Conditioned homes.

In the fall, the weather here is ideal. The sun is higher and temperatures moderate probably to the 60's some days in the 70's in early fall. As late October and November come around, it starts getting much cooler at night and perhaps by Thanksgiving it is in the 50's and in some instances I have seen it go up in the 60's..not often.

Now, comes my time of year..Winter!! I love the winter. The temperatures go way down, at times it can be below zero at night and only in the 20's during the day. My theory about winter is you can always put on MORE clothes but when it gets hot in the summer you can only take off so many before you run the risk of getting arrested.

I do like the varying temperatures, the change of seasons that is so totally noticable; all part of being a true New Englander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or