Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 08:26 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,187,037 times

Advertisements

George, do you use A/C at home?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:31 AM

29,464 posts, read 19,567,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Evidently you are only allowed to wish for room temperature year-round.

I guess I should be happy with below average temps just because they are still warmer than some place in Northern Europe

Chicago summers aren't even that warm. Not compared to like 75% of the US anyway....

No one here thinks that this summer has been either warm or satisfactory unless they like cool weather. It's been complete garbage minus a couple of hot days including today, and a few good storms. Our only consolation is that on warm days it has been very humid because of all the rain we've had

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatier View Post
George, do you use A/C at home?
Everyone has A/C here

Old 07-18-2015, 08:59 AM

13,467 posts, read 9,008,284 times
But the fact is the below average temperatures you have had are not cool, they are still warm/hot & that's not just compared to one place in northern Europe... Even if you had days of 35C temperatures & it was thundery, you still wouldn't be able to go to the beach, so it isn't all about temperature, but general weather conditions too... If you had weeks of clear & sunny days at 28C I doubt you would be moaning quite so much.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But the fact is the below average temperatures you have had are not cool, they are still warm/hot
Says you. Not say most of the people who live here

Quote:
"It's very frustrating. Its' hard to give people what they want they want a summer time pool experience and we haven't had much of a summer,"
Chicago weather: Unseasonably cool temps put summer fun on hold | abc7chicago.com

Quote:
& that's not just compared to one place in northern Europe...
Ok all of Northern Europe.

Quote:
Even if you had days of 35C temperatures & it was thundery, you still wouldn't be able to go to the beach, so it isn't all about temperature, but general weather conditions too... If you had weeks of clear & sunny days at 28C I doubt you would be moaning quite so much.
No not as much, but it would still be below normal, and below the temperature range that I like for mid summer

Old 07-18-2015, 09:44 AM

I find it very hard to believe that everyone, only in Chicago mind, thinks that 28C/29C is cool

So you are just moaning for moaning's sake then, I get you

Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I find it very hard to believe that everyone, only in Chicago mind, thinks that 28C/29C is cool

Did you even open the link up? No, not moaning about 28-29C. We haven't even had much of that.

Yes, moaning about the temps we've had for most of the first 2 weeks of July. Yes, moaning about having an average high of under 80 degrees in July which is quite extraordinary (only happened 4 other times since 1928). I don't give a rats ass if Northern Europeans would be happy with it. Chicagoans who enjoy at least typical summer conditions are not as indicated in the article.

How about another

it's starting to feel like we're being cheated out of summer. It doesn't feel like July, and it doesn't look like it along the lakefront either.

Quote:
So you are just moaning for moaning's sake then, I get you
I see when I complain about below normal temps it's moaning. When some of your fellow Brits do, they are within their right

Old 07-18-2015, 10:06 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,438,318 times
Quote:
But the fact is the below average temperatures you have had are not cool, they are still warm/hot & that's not just compared to one place in northern Europe... Even if you had days of 35C temperatures & it was thundery, you still wouldn't be able to go to the beach, so it isn't all about temperature, but general weather conditions too... If you had weeks of clear & sunny days at 28C I doubt you would be moaning quite so much.
Clear and sunny = summer fail. I want low to mid 30s followed by thunderstorms every day.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Clear and sunny = summer fail. I want low to mid 30s followed by thunderstorms every day.
See, everyone has their own preference. I don't judge you

Old 07-18-2015, 10:15 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,540,794 times
People moaning about 80F being too cool and not summer like are morons. I doubt most Chicagoans are clamouring for absurdly hot weather like George. What can you do at 95F that you can't do at 80F? I just don't get it. 95F is very unpleasant and I've never met anyone who thinks otherwise.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Did you even open the link up? No, not moaning about 28-29C. We haven't even had much of that.

Yes, moaning about the temps we've had for most of the first 2 weeks of July. Yes, moaning about having an average high of under 80 degrees in July which is quite extraordinary (only happened 4 other times since 1928). I don't give a rats ass if Northern Europeans would be happy with it. Chicagoans who enjoy at least typical summer conditions are not as indicated in the article.

How about another

it's starting to feel like we're being cheated out of summer. It doesn't feel like July, and it doesn't look like it along the lakefront either.

I see when I complain about below normal temps it's moaning. When some of your fellow Brits do, they are within their right
No I didn't bother opening the links, as you post far too many links/articles/info graphics etc... I'm surprised you didn't fill half the page up with "Ask Tom" quotes...

And yes it is pathetic to moan about below average temperatures, if those below average temperatures are still warm. People in the UK with below average summer temperatures will be getting cool temperatures, no warmth at all. That is the difference. It isn't like it is cold there

Quote:
That's lovely for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.