Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 04:06 AM

881 posts, read 646,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Why do you get so mad? There is no reason to when you don't live there, just ignore the Melbourne forecast. What does suck is that this below average weather happens RIGHT AFTER I finish my exams.

Might take a holiday to somewhere warmer lol
I guess it's still in my blood. You can take the boy out of Melbourne but you can't take Melbourne out of the boy. I still see it as my defacto home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
What's the average for the start of November in Melbourne? 20/21C right?
That's not a bad forecast then. In fact, apart from the freak hot day which is massively above average, the rest of the forecast must be fairly close to the long term average.

Anyway look at yours in Renmark. Much better. Forget about Melbourne ffs! You don't live there!
I was thinking the average was 24c but I mixed it up with December. 1981-2010 avg November high is 22.6c. Still a filthy below average week and mtd is only 21.0c so this month is still ****.

In Renmark the avg high is 29.0c, mtd is nearly 2c below average at 27.3c so technically this month is "****" here aswell but to me a 27.3c average high feels summery, it is higher than Melbourne's average January high.

I just enjoy looking at Melbourne's forecasts and obs to see how much colder it is there than here and revel in it and how I used to get pissed off at Adelaide for being much hotter, yet now Adelaide is my bitch

Today's highs

Melbourne ......... 24.8c
Adelaide ............ 35.8c
Renmark ............ 34.4c

derp

Old 11-08-2015, 04:06 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,303,118 times
Quote:
22-23C is the average, depending on suburb. And yes FORGET ABOUT IT PLS!
All you peasants can argue over the Melbourne averages while I sit in Perth this week enjoying the nice conditions
Perth Forecast

The ocd is satisfied because each max is an odd number, YES!
Also it's fine Spring weather

Old 11-08-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I will from now on post comparison forecasts during summer

Old 11-08-2015, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I will from now on post comparison forecasts during summer I WILL be foaming at the mouth

Old 11-08-2015, 04:17 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
I will from now on post comparison forecasts during summer
NOOOOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
All you peasants can argue over the Melbourne averages while I sit in Perth this week enjoying the nice conditions
Perth Forecast

The ocd is satisfied because each max is an odd number, YES!
Also it's fine Spring weather
I'm coming over after exams

Quote:
I guess it's still in my blood. You can take the boy out of Melbourne but you can't take Melbourne out of the boy. I still see it as my defacto home

I was thinking the average was 24c but I mixed it up with December. 1981-2010 avg November high is 22.6c. Still a filthy below average week and mtd is only 21.0c so this month is still ****.

In Renmark the avg high is 29.0c, mtd is nearly 2c below average at 27.3c so technically this month is "****" here aswell but to me a 27.3c average high feels summery, it is higher than Melbourne's average January high.

I just enjoy looking at Melbourne's forecasts and obs to see how much colder it is there than here and revel in it and how I used to get pissed off at Adelaide for being much hotter, yet now Adelaide is my bitch

Today's highs

Melbourne ......... 24.8c
Adelaide ............ 35.8c
Renmark ............ 34.4c

derp
not nice tbh

It was 25.5°C at my suburb, I need to show off those extra 0.7°C. Sometimes the airport has been 7-8°C hotter due to southerlies cucking the temperature in the CBD.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
NOOOOOOOO!
get prepared! Just watch out if I have beer and am high, then all bets are off

Quote:
I'm coming over after exams

not nice tbh

It was 25.5°C at my suburb, I need to show off those extra 0.7°C. Sometimes the airport has been 7-8°C hotter due to southerlies cucking the temperature in the CBD.
happens a bit, same reason why thunderstorms always favour the northern and northeastern suburbs.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
get prepared! Just watch out if I have beer and am high, then all bets are off

happens a bit, same reason why thunderstorms always favour the northern and northeastern suburbs.
I don't mean to fuel the fire, but I was going to post my forecast anyway. No sub-20°C temperatures in sight. Not happy about the storms on Thursday, I don't want to get super-soaked on my exam like I did last Thursday.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I don't mean to fuel the fire, but I was going to post my forecast anyway. No sub-20°C temperatures in sight. Not happy about the storms on Thursday, I don't want to get super-soaked on my exam like I did last Thursday.
In my 27 years of experience, those storms will die right in the ass the second they touch the metro area.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
In my 27 years of experience, those storms will die right in the ass the second they touch the metro area.
Well I hope they do, but in my 15 years of experience as a student, as soon as storms are forecast, they WILL intensify and they WILL soak me if I'm outside. It's happened at least 10 times to me.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:36 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times
weather York 8 days: Rain risk - Wind - UV index - Sunshine hours

This first frost is taking a while. I can't believe how consistently mild it has been this Autumn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather