Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 01:34 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,505,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
I still hold hope that one day summer will arrive. One day.
I have a feeling the christmas period will still be unsettled with mid 20 temps and possible creeping into the 30's. Take a look at this: Western long range forecast - 28 day rain days

It shows fine weather during that period but I think mainly fine, nevertheles it should be warm.

SOUTHWEST VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA FORECAST (TEMPS IN CELSIUS)
Updated: 7:43pm

Monday Evening: Fine and partly cloudy with light winds, though cloud increasing overnight.

Tuesday: Cloud increasing during the day with a few showers developing and then increasing to some rain during the afternoon and evening, then easing to a few showers at night. The chance of a thunderstorm, mainly afternoon. Freshening north to northwesterly winds, shifting more southerly later in the day. Max 24

Outlook:
Wednesday: Cloudy. Shower or two. Moderate to fresh winds. Max 20
Thursday: Few showers and a possible thunderstorm later. Max 25
Friday: Rain at times. Afternoon or evening thunderstorms. Humid with strengthening winds. Max 26
Saturday: Rain at times. Chance thunder. Windy. Max 19
Sunday: Few showers easing to shower or two at night. Easing winds. Max 18
Monday: Shower or two. Max 18
Tuesday: Early drizzle then fine. Max 20

NEXT UPDATE: Tuesday, 8:00am-10:00am

Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Point Forecast: 6 Miles WNW Alta UT
40.61N 111.7W (Elev. 8272 ft)

Today: Snow. Temperature falling to around 19 by 5pm. Northwest wind 9 to 12 mph increasing to between 17 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. North northwest wind around 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. North northwest wind between 9 and 18 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West northwest wind between 8 and 13 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Friday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

Friday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31.

Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 15.

Sunday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 19.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Updated: 10:00am

Tuesday: Cloud increasing with a few showers developing late morning and then increasing to some rain during the afternoon before easing to a few showers at night. The chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Light to moderate southwest winds. Max 20

Outlook:
Wednesday: Early cloud then sunny. Moderate to fresh winds. Max 20
Thursday: Late afternoon/evening shower, possible thunderstorm. Fresh winds. Max 25
Friday: Rain at times, locally heavy. Afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Humid with strengthening winds. Max 23
Saturday: Rain at times. Chance thunderstorm. Windy. Max 19
Sunday: Few showers. Easing winds. Max 18

NEXT UPDATE: Tuesday, 12:00pm

Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Updated: 12:14pm

Tuesday: Cloudy with some rain though easing to a few showers at night. The slight chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Light to moderate southwest winds. Max 18

Wednesday: Early cloudy and drizzle clearing to a fine and generally partly cloudy day with light to moderate south to southeast winds. Max 20

Outlook:
Thursday: Late afternoon/evening shower, possible thunderstorm. Fresh winds. Max 25
Friday: Rain at times, locally heavy. Afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Humid with strengthening winds. Max 23
Saturday: Rain at times. Chance thunderstorm. Windy. Max 19

NEXT UPDATE: Tuesday, 5:00pm-7:00pm

Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Storm View Post
I have a feeling the christmas period will still be unsettled with mid 20 temps and possible creeping into the 30's. Take a look at this: Western long range forecast - 28 day rain days

It shows fine weather during that period but I think mainly fine, nevertheles it should be warm.
still better than the last 3 or 4 christmases

some people on WZ are saying we'll get a cold summer ( ), some are saying a hot summer. Which is it?

Last edited by §AB; 12-08-2008 at 07:00 PM..

Old 12-08-2008, 08:53 PM

btw, I really hate Johnoo from WZ forums. That guy needs to be shipped off to the Shetlands ASAP

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
still better than the last 3 or 4 christmases

some people on WZ are saying we'll get a cold summer ( ), some are saying a hot summer. Which is it?
It should be better than the last three Christmases certaintly and also much warmer - should probably crack a few days over 30 degrees IMO. Though as I said it should probably remain unsettled, in that way I am guessing, its either going to be just cloudy, or a trough with thunderstorms... And its a while out yet, but I will keep you updated.

Quote:
btw, I really hate Johnoo from WZ forums. That guy needs to be shipped off to the Shetlands ASAP
Gone a little too far there mate. He is my mate and he has taught me plenty of meteorological information since I joined weatherzone last year. I went from knowing how to read a forecast map to knowing how to plot thunderstorms, forecast them with accuracy, along with general 8 day forecasts and now I can kind of get long-term correct - not bragging here but sometimes better than the official meteorologists.. And I'm only in school still!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM

this comment of his really got my blood boiling

"I love it! it could be like this for the whole of Summer as far as I'm concerned"

Maybe Macquarie Island would suit him....

Until I was wrongly banned, my WZ name was "thunderhead". Will using a proxy website hide my identity?

You can see my posts in the first half of the melb and Vic weather day to day thread and the 'official whinge thread."

Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 AM

Sorry mate, not sure how you are going to get back on there, but I have seen that name before and have read your old posts before you were banned.

Updated: 7:32pm

Tuesday Evening: A shower easing to drizzle overnight. Light to moderate southwest winds.

Wednesday: Early cloud and drizzle clearing to a fine and generally partly cloudy day with light to moderate south to southeast winds, fresh in the afternoon. Max 20

Outlook:
Thursday: Fine day. Fresh winds. Max 25
Saturday: Rain at times, easing to showers at night. Chance thunderstorm. Windy. Max 20
Wednesday: Fine and sunny. Max 23

NEXT UPDATE: Wednesday, 8:00am-10:00am

Old 12-09-2008, 04:01 PM

Updated: 10:02am

Wednesday: Early cloud clearing to a fine and generally partly cloudy day with light to moderate south to southeast winds, fresh in the afternoon. Max 20

Outlook:

Thursday: Fine day. Fresh winds. Max 25
Saturday: Rain at times, easing to showers at night. Chance thunderstorm. Windy. Max 20
Wednesday: Fine and sunny. Max 23

NEXT UPDATE: Wednesday, 12:00pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather