Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times

Advertisements

Sunday, November 21st

Sunny. High 24. Low 9.

Monday, November 22nd

Clear skies and sunshine in the morning. Turning mostly cloudy during the afternoon. High 40. Low 17.

Tuesday, November 23rd

Showers and drizzle turning into a light freezing rain by early evening. High 41. Low 32.

Wednesday, November 24th

Freezing rain in the morning. Otherwise cloudy with a few showers during the afternoon. High 37. Low 30. Ice accumulations of up to a quarter inch expected.

Thursday, November 25th

Cloudy and windy. A few flurries during the afternoon. High 35. Low 27.

Friday, November 26th

Snow and wind. High 27. Low 23. Snowfall accumulations of 8-14 inches expected.

Saturday, November 27th

Cloudy and windy with scattered flurries and snow showers. High 30. Low 23. Snowfall around one inch.

Following this weekend's snowstorm, clear skies and bitter cold air will be the name of the game for Sunday and Monday morning. Temperatures will drop into the single digits for the first time this season on Sunday morning. Monday will start off sunny and cold, but will turn cloudier and milder by the afternoon with temperatures quickly rising from the teens to near 40 F. Light showers and drizzle shouldn't be too much of a nuisance during the day Tuesday, but falling temperatures will create a dangerous situation Tuesday night with frozen precipitation. The freezing rain will last into Wednesday morning, dropping up to a quarter inch of ice which will cause damage, knock out power in some areas, and make the roads very dangerous. Some melting will occur during the afternoon, but many areas will remain icy due to lack of sunshine and temperatures only reaching the mid 30s for a few hours before dropping back below freezing. Windy conditions Thursday could cause scattered power outages and some trees may lose their limbs due to the combination of the ice and wind. Colder air in the upper atmosphere will thankfully allow for snow instead of ice on Friday and Saturday. The snowstorm over Thanksgiving weekend will be more significant than the one this weekend, dropping well over a foot of fresh powder.

The weather has been quite erratic over the past few weeks and this week will be the worst with a mix of bitter cold air, ice, rain, snow, and wind. The transition into winter continues to be a rough one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 11:28 PM

87 posts, read 120,139 times
Sabtown, Saab Island Forecast

Temps are in celcius.

Tonight
Clear. Hot and humid with light E/SE winds and bayside seabreezes about the coastal suburbs.

Monday
Partly cloudy with an afternoon/evening shower or storm. Light S'ly winds tending ESE later.

CITY ............ Low 28 / High 38
Bayside ......... Low 28 / High 33
Inland ........... Low 25 / High 39

Tuesday

Mostly sunny. Light S'ly winds tending easterly during the afternoon.

Low 28 / High 39

Wednesday
Mostly sunny. Light E'ly winds tending S/SE'ly during the morning.

Low 27 / High 37

Thursday
Fine apart from a late shower or storm. light southerly winds and afternoon seabreezes.

Low 28 / High 39

Friday
Clear. Light SW'ly winds tending E/SE later and freshening.

Low 29 / High 41

Saturday
Clear.Light S/SE'ly winds and afternoon seabreezes.

Low 29 / High 39

Sunday
Clear. Moderate southerly winds and afternoon seabreezes.

low 29 / High 42

Monday
Fine apart from an afternoon showe or storm. Light variable winds and afternoon seabreezes.

low 26 / High 38

---------------------------------
Fahrenheit conversions:

Mon ........ 82 / 100
Tue ........ 82 / 102
Wed ....... 80 / 98
Thu ........ 82 / 102

Fri .......... 84 / 105
Sat ........ 84 / 102
Sun ........ 84 / 107
Mon ....... 79 / 100

Old 11-26-2010, 11:56 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,409,050 times
Coltingbury, New Floridania Weather Forecast
Valid 27th Nov - 2nd December, 2010

Forecast Summary:
Very cold, often dull, and unsettled.

Saturday 27th November
Very unsettled with heavy hail showers developing, which may include thunder. Mostly cloudy.
Low of 1°C / 34°F high of 12°C / 53°F

Sunday 28th November
Clear spells overnight, very cold again, with the first air frost of the season likely. Becoming overcast by late AM, with drizzle arriving from the SW later.
Low of -1°C / 30°F high of 13°C / 55°F

Monday 29th November
Milder and cloudy with drizzle overnight. Staying overcast and damp with persistent rain throughout the day. A cool westerly wind.
Low of 6°C / 43°F high of 14°C / 57°F

Tuesday 30th November
After Monday's cold front passage it becomes a lot clearer, with another air frost expected. Fairly sunny, but very subdued temperatures in a slack NW breeze.
Low of -2°C / 28°F high of 10°C / 50°F

Wednesday 1st December
Clear and very cold night, light showers developing in the afternoon, and possibly lingering into the evening, these could become wintry, with traces of sleet or even snow in heavier ones.
Low of -4°C / 25°F high of 9°C / 48°F

Thursday 2nd December
Mostly clear overnight, and cold again, becoming mostly cloudy again with chance of a light shower.
Low of 0°C / 32°F high of 11°C / 52°F

Further Outlook:
Models and projections indicate that it will become dryer and also milder after 3rd, with southerly winds developing later in the week so it could even turn above average (which would make a change).

Old 11-26-2010, 01:29 PM

Sunday, November 28th

Cloudy and windy with snow developing during the afternoon. Heavy snow and strong winds will cause blizzard conditions beginning around dusk. High 27. Low 15. Snowfall accumulations of 6-12 inches expected with higher drifts.

Monday, November 29th

Heavy snow and wind in the morning. Tapering off to lighter snow during the afternoon. Winds will continue to cause whiteout conditions. High 20. Low 13. Snowfall accumulations of 8-14 inches expected.

Tuesday, November 30th

Mostly Cloudy. Very cold. High 17. Low 0.

Wednesday, December 1st

Cloudy. High 22. Low 4.

Thursday, December 2nd

Cloudy with occasional snow showers. High 24. Low 6. Snowfall less than one inch.

Friday, December 3rd

Cloudy. High 28. Low 11.

Saturday, December 4th

Cloudy with a mix of sleet and snow. High 32. Low 15. Snow and sleet accumulations of 1-3 inches expected.

A crippling blizzard will dump over two feet of snow Sunday and Monday, on top of the nearly twenty inches of snow and ice already on the ground. Whiteout conditions and windchill values below zero will make travel impossible. Despite excellent preparation for snow removal, the city will be shut down for most of the week due to the severity of the cold and snow. The very cold temperatures during the blizzard will stick around most of the week, moderating somewhat by the end of the week. Lows will drop to near zero mid-week. A weaker storm system is expected to drop a few inches of sleet and snow next Saturday. It looks like old man winter will be sticking around for quite a while.

Suddenly my dreary summers aren't sounding so bad after all.

Approximate celsius conversions high/low:

Sunday -2.8/-9.4
Monday -6.7/-10.5
Tuesday -8.3/-17.7
Wednesday -5.5/-15.5
Thursday -4.4/-14.4
Friday -2.2/-11.6
Saturday 0/-9.4

Last edited by ilovemycomputer90; 11-26-2010 at 01:45 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 03:43 PM

Freezing Rain Advisory 7PM-2AM

Freezing rain expected to move into the area this evening, ending after midnight. Total ice accumulations around a tenth of an inch. Roads will be icy and trees and power lines will be weighed down due to the snow from yesterday and earlier today. Travely is highly discouraged.

Blizzard Warning 4PM Sunday-6PM Monday

The forecast only called for snow today, but an unexpected batch of freezing rain will move across the area this evening, coming less than 24 hours before the blizzard. There will be a brief break in precipitation from approximately 2AM to sometime tomorrow afternoon. But it will be cloudy and cold with temperatures only in the 20s. No true break in precipitation until Monday evening and temperatures will be falling into the single digits overnight. Nasty week!

Old 11-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Sabtown, Saab Island Forecast

Temps are in celcius.

Tonight
A shower or storm clearing by midnight. Hot and sultry with light S/SE winds and bayside seabreezes.

Monday
Partly cloudy with an afternoon/evening shower or storm. Light S/SW'ly winds tending S'ly later.

CITY ............ Low 29 / High 37
Bayside ......... Low 28 / High 33
Inland ........... Low 28 / High 38

Tuesday

Partly cloudy. An afternoon shower/storm about. Light S/SW winds.

Low 29 / High 37

Wednesday
Showers and thunderstorms. Light S/SW winds.

Low 28 / High 37

Thursday
Mostly sunny at first although becoming unsettled later.

Low 28 / High 38

Friday
Becoming cloudy. Light NE winds tending N'ly later.

Low 30 / High 37

Saturday
Rain developing. Light winds.

Low 30 / High 36

Sunday
Cloudy with rain periods. Light winds.

low 26 / High 32

Monday
Cloudy with rain periods easing and tending to isolated showers. Light winds.

low 26 / High 33

Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Looking at ilovemycomputer90 and Sabtown's weather forecast makes me try to think which one I'd hate the least. Though, it makes me thankful for the weather I have.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Looking at ilovemycomputer90 and Sabtown's weather forecast makes me try to think which one I'd hate the least. Though, it makes me thankful for the weather I have.
not a fan of either heat or cold?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:45 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,594,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
There should be a place in tropical or semi-tropical latitudes, at a suitable altitude, that would have "moderate" temperatures year round - say in the range 12C-16C for mean annual temperature?

Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway View Post
not a fan of either heat or cold?
I like heat but not extreme heat. Hate cold but have learned to deal with it. 85-90° is good to me. Don't mind up to 95° as long as it's not humid and not all the time. I prefer temps where I can live with no heat or A/C can stay comfortably outside all day or inside with the windows open. So, your climate has nights that are too hot to keep the inside bearable. I suppose your climates are more interesting to experience but not to fun for me to do anything.

I think I prefer your climate but would be a bit more used to the weather from ilovemycomputer90's climate. Are you really happy on very hot days or eventually do you go back inside underneath an A/C?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather