Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:05 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,957,701 times

Advertisements

It's a spin-off from CC's thread (Hope you don't mind CC ).

Mine:

Frigid, and snowy.....with a nice balance of cloudy and sunny days.....slightly more cloudy than sunny days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 06:12 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
I don't mind the cold, I'd take a cold sunny day in January over some of the bone chilling damp, gray days we had this fall. Snow, yep, I want some snow on those cold days, too!

Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Thanks for your response

I love cold, sunny weather!! Has the best visibility of any other type of weather......and the cleanest air, free of all pollutants.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,896,522 times
cool mornings, clear mild days. Might have the occasional cold snap with hail and storms to make things interesting.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Crisp mornings where your breath catches when you step outside because of the cold and your nose freezes shut with that first breath. When you step the snow crunches and squeaks underfoot. Then warming up to just that point where the snow is starting to get soft, but not melt. I like a mostly sunny winter day because everything is so bright against the snow, even though it is a PITA to drive or do anything outside because of the reflection.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,089 times
I've lived in CO and now live in Kansas and the cold just makes me miserable. I love snow but I hate the cold. If it's 40 outside then that's cold. I know for some people that is wonderful.

When I visited Texas in October, that was the kind of weather I was hankerin' for. I'm fixin' to move down there or Arizona after I get my business degree.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:47 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post

Mine:

Frigid, and snowy.....with a nice balance of cloudy and sunny days.....slightly more cloudy than sunny days.
You just described the perfect winter to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
I've lived in CO and now live in Kansas and the cold just makes me miserable. I love snow but I hate the cold. If it's 40 outside then that's cold. I know for some people that is wonderful.

When I visited Texas in October, that was the kind of weather I was hankerin' for. I'm fixin' to move down there or Arizona after I get my business degree.
Well you'll fit right in, you're already using the word "fixin"

Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post

Mine:

Not frigid but cold enough - 20s. And yes, some sunny but more cloudy! And also that fresh clear cold air. Wonderfully healthy! I'll take a blizzard or two Love big beautiful snowflakes all around.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
I would prefer a good mixture of sunny and cloudy days with a consistent snowpack throughout most of the winter. It has to stay cold, which means highs generally at or below freezing. My favorite winter activities include: skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and snowshoeing. In the Merrimack Valley winter temps do not moderate that much, and the higher elevations (ski areas) can make a ton of snow- so that helps out the local economies in the more rural sections of the state.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Not frigid but cold enough - 20s. And yes, some sunny but more cloudy! And also that fresh clear cold air. Wonderfully healthy! I'll take a blizzard or two Love big beautiful snowflakes all around.
I agree- great post!!

I pretty much agree with everyone's awnser.....except for Johnny Banana's awnser(and SAB's somehwat).....which is cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather