Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:44 PM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times

Advertisements

Just as I've heard, London weather is VERY similar to Seattle's.

We only average about 20% sunshine. Even that estimate is a little generous IMO. Near the solstice, when the days are only about 8 hours long, that comes out to 48 hours of sunshine a month.

Not as bad as spring though, when the days are both long and gray, and there's sideways rain, and in other places, it's actually spring. I'd have to say March-June are the most torturous months in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
I love winter. Come April, when it starts to rain instead of snow, I get pretty bummed out about the thought of summer coming on. The bugs, the humidity, the yard work, the sun that just won't go down soon enough... If not for baseball, I'd have no use for summer.
I've lived in places like south Texas that didn't even have a real winter. What a depressing existence.
I live in Texas and it is depressing not have a real winter

Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM

173 posts, read 591,598 times
Anyone have tips for my car doors- this morning it was so cold I couldn't open them. TIA

Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance67 View Post
Anyone have tips for my car doors- this morning it was so cold I couldn't open them. TIA
They actually sell a spray/lubricant so your car doors don't stick. I can't think of what it's called, but you could ask at a convenience store/gas station or in the auto section at Walmart or a place like that. It actually doesn't seem to work as good as they claim it does, but it helps.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Wow, I am depressed just reading this thread.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Got to add my name to this list. I hate winter. I hate the dull and dark days and the long nights. We average 50 hours of sunshine in each of December, January and February and it is very dull and drizzly, but mostly, WINDY. It also rarely snows here, yet on all weather forums all these cold rampers and cold weather lovers **** me off with their "oh i hope it snows" ah "oh glee another cold snap is coming" and they moan about the recent "mild" winters we have had... mild my behind Moderator cut: word changed . Crap more like. Get me to the tropics!!!!
lol you wouldn't want to read the australian weather forums then
I feel exactly the same way, especailly when they want cold in summer. People gleeing over the next cold front and cold outbreak in January really grind my nerves.

On the Australian weather forums, they actually made a thread called "your ideal weather" and of the 20 or so people who posted, about 18 said snow, winter, cold etc.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
They actually sell a spray/lubricant so your car doors don't stick. I can't think of what it's called, but you could ask at a convenience store/gas station or in the auto section at Walmart or a place like that. It actually doesn't seem to work as good as they claim it does, but it helps.

Thanks, Jammie I hate struggling with trying to open frozen car doors; I didn't get them open yesterday morning. Too damn cold, so I'm going to buy some of that lubricant today. Hope it works.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I guess I shouldn't say how gorgeous it looks today with snow falling and everything coated with a few inches, just plain pretty!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I guess I shouldn't say how gorgeous it looks today with snow falling and everything coated with a few inches, just plain pretty!
No, not when I'm stuck in Houston with 73 degrees with a dew point of 65

Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No, not when I'm stuck in Houston with 73 degrees with a dew point of 65
Must be nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather