Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times

Advertisements

Susan, you know the pretty gal~blonde who's on TWC? Her first name is "Nicole", but I can't think of her last name~brain freeze here.

I don't know where she's from originally, but she's on in the mornings and she totally understands midwestern weather. She lived in Minn~maybe she grew up there? Anyway, when she was in the service, she was stationed out at Ellsworth in Rapid City and she talks about the upper Midwest often. It's evident that she actually understands how our weather "feels". She has such a positive attitude and I like the way she always has positive things to say about her time out in the Hills. She loved it there.

WGN~we also like watching the news/weather from there. Chicago is quite far east of here, but WGN seems to have it all together and is quite interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
She is very good, down to earth, and she's experienced it all. You can tell some of them have never been in extreme weather. She's a pilot, been all over the world, I think it makes a difference in the way she reports weather.

I watch WGN, too! Tom Skilling gets on peoples nerves because he goes into such detail, but I love the details! He is excellent, used to be featured on TWC although I'm sure with NBC purchasing that will end.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
She is very good, down to earth, and she's experienced it all. You can tell some of them have never been in extreme weather. She's a pilot, been all over the world, I think it makes a difference in the way she reports weather.

I watch WGN, too! Tom Skilling gets on peoples nerves because he goes into such detail, but I love the details! He is excellent, used to be featured on TWC although I'm sure with NBC purchasing that will end.
So have you gotten to see the guy who's stationed over in Chicago right now? Is it Jim Cantore? Sorry, but I just have to laugh cause it's pretty obvious he hasn't experienced much of winter.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM

I haven't been paying attention but that's true alot! Even though the station is based in Atlanta, they should have people working there representative of the various U.S. areas, I think.

This is why I liked Marshall Seese and Nicole (at least she's still there) because they both had experience north of the Mason Dixon line.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:10 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,225,957 times
When I found out they fired Dave and Cheryl, I was very cross.

Two of the best ones, gone.

Anyone know where either of them are now?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:10 AM

I did a search the other day and all I found was alot of chatter about NBC buying TWC. Majority of folks were very unhappy especially about Dave and Cheryl. Some were saying Marshall Seese didn't retire on his own accord either.

NBC saved themselves some money getting rid of longer term folks and bringing in people from their weather program that never went over well.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
So if NBC now owns TWC that means that GE also owns it. I hope they don't start forcing their politics on the audience by constantly talking about "global warming". We all know GE has some wind turbines they need to sell.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
It will be interesting to see how all of this will play out eventually. Don't be surprised if you see a few NBC affiliates do a partnership with TWC when the local stations do forecasts.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Personally I just hope they get rid of the entertainmnet programs and get back to weather. I know that their hurricane coverage is as hyped as Riveras now days since katrina.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Personally I just hope they get rid of the entertainmnet programs and get back to weather. I know that their hurricane coverage is as hyped as Riveras now days since katrina.
LOL, yep. frankly Jim Cantore gets on my nerves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather