Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,477 times

Advertisements

$27m to plug cow, sheep emissions | The Australian

$27m to plug cow, sheep emissions

February 25, 2009

METHANE-emitting cows and sheep are the target of a new research project to cut greenhouse gas emissions and tackle climate change.

Livestock are the third largest source of carbon emissions in Australia, with a beef cow grazing in northern Australia believed to produce 1500 kilograms of carbon per year.
Federal Agriculture Minister Tony Burke has unveiled a $26.8 million program in support of 18 projects over four years as part of Labor's climate change research program.
"Some of this goes to breeding options, some of it goes to better feed options, some of it goes to dealing with the bacteria in the stomach of the animal to try to reduce the amount of methane that then comes out of the mouth," Mr Burke said on ABC television.
He conceded the farming sector would need to bear increased transport and fertiliser costs, but said the alternative would cost Australia far more.
"There is no cost-free method of dealing with this."

--------------------------------------------------------
I am lost for words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Perhaps those methane emissions should be sucked up through an intricate network of hoses by the concerned greenies who put this package together, inhaling those harmful greenhouse gases and using their own biological processes to purify or modify these gases into less harmfull chemical compounds, thus saving the rest of us and the planet, making them truely heros.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,477 times
^ lol or they can burn in hell where they belong

Old 02-28-2009, 07:37 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
^ lol or they can burn in hell where they belong
I don't harbour (that much) resentment towards them, though I am thoroughly unimpressed with their actions.
I am Christian; I try to make a strong effort to "hate the sin, not the sinner."
(though what they are attempting is not sin; it's just really, really annoying )
Besides, I wasn't hoping that any of them would die, but perhaps feel a little quesy... maybe grow a second head.

Kind of like the attitude of catching a kid smoking and as a smoking deterent, using this approach
"...So you want to smoke, eh? Well you're going to smoke the WHOLE PACK... I'm wait-ing..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather