Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

My favorite weather conditions.......
Summer:
I love heat........So I'd say maybe 85/90 is good. Sun.....NO clouds....little tiny breeze...
( being at the ocean when this happens is good)
Winter:
For winter.........I love snow all around at Christmas time.......Christmas time only
A nice big storm a couple of days before, but all plowed and cleaned up for Christmas Day.
Spring: I like a 70 degree day with a little breeze, just a few clouds.....lots of flowers and sunshine
Fall: I like when everything is colorful.....and pumpkins all around ( but, not my favorite time)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Favorite..... temperature -15F north wind 20 mph wind chill -45F no joking!! I love the crispness of the air.... that is why I chose where I live now...as this is very common in the winter.

By far the worst....temp 90F sunny 5 mph wind dew point 72

Dan

Old 05-28-2009, 08:46 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Thunderstorms, squalls, hot and humid.

Least favourite: Overcast and cloudy. It is overcast 80% of the time in a typical year in England. It is now as I type.
dang it sounds like you need a cat 3 or stronger hurricane with alot of thunder and lightning that will make it more interesting up there..

Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM

2,745 posts, read 6,463,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Freezing cold is what I love, and right now that feel soooo good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Heat, hot nights, sunshine and thunderstorms.
Unfortunately Melbourne has neither of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Thunderstorms, squalls, hot and humid.
Least favourite: Overcast and cloudy. It is overcast 80% of the time in a typical year in England. It is now as I type.
Neighbor's grass is always greener huh? People's preferences are often affected by their current emotion. For example, people buy more food at the grocery store if they happen to be hungry. They also tend to overdress if going outside and happen to feel cold at home that moment.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
Neighbor's grass is always greener huh? People's preferences are often affected by their current emotion. For example, people buy more food at the grocery store if they happen to be hungry. They also tend to overdress if going outside and happen to feel cold at home that moment.
80-90% of the year,
the air feels at minimum "less than perfect" because of "more cooling than I'd prefer" from both outdoors and indoors.

I probably wouldn't mind Canada's climate so much if I usually felt "quite warm" indoors.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,364 times
Quote:
Nope. I consistently abhor overcast or cloudy weather however I feel, and wherever I am.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
80-90% of the year,
the air feels at minimum "less than perfect" because of "more cooling than I'd prefer" from both outdoors and indoors.

I probably wouldn't mind Canada's climate so much if I usually felt "quite warm" indoors.
Definitely. If it is very warm outside, than coming in into a cool office building would feel pleasant. Likewise, coming out of a cool building into a nice, warm, sunny street will feel really nice. However if it is very warm and stuffy inside, you will probably want it to be cool and breezy outside.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:07 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Not me, no matter what the current temp is, I love COLD weather and I never over dress because I am almost always hot.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not me, no matter what the current temp is, I love COLD weather and I never over dress because I am almost always hot.
Ok fine, but there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Say you lived in Manitoba or something, I bet the cold would start to get a little tiring about a week after New Years. By March you will be begging for those warm spring days to arrive. Just saying sometimes people aren't careful what they are wishing for.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
the best weather day of the year for me would be when a tropical storm is lashing us here in the us vi!!!!!! i used to love the hurricanes but there just way to destructive.. and the other would be when a cat 5 hurricane is passing about 150 miles to the east of st croix.. that happened in 1995 when hurricane luis passed 90 miles east of st croix and brought the bigest surf here on st croix in like 100 years the waves were breaking up to 70 feet i watched them for 7 hours at a local hotel surf spot it was once in a life time event

but for the remainder of the time i like the 68 to 80f degrees weather with 10 to 20 mph breezes..with the occasional big thunder storm with torrential rains and some lightning..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather