Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,208,924 times

Advertisements

I love geckos. When I lived in Florida they were everywhere. It was so cool.

I hate the humidity. I have always had central heat and air and I moved to a place with an airconditioner in the window. I don't like that at all. The living room is ice cold and the rest of the apartment is hot. We are invaded by lady bugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:08 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,722,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I know what you're talking about. For the past month or so, there have been days where I think "I would love to have this weather in January, but it should be warmer at this time of year." Today for example. It's supposed to be 62 and rainy. Good winter weather, but should not happen in June. This means my graduation will probably be indoor.
Yeah, it's not even summer yet here...
Our seasonal high this early in June is "almost warm" and we are even below that.
*in early June, we have about a 50/50 chance of having spring-like or summer-like weather.

With the nearly-vertical sun and a U.V. index of 8,
it's easy to feel warm midday even in the low 60's F,
(even Miami on a clear day in January only has a U.V. index of 5)
but you have to be carefull about it;
sunscreen, covering up or limiting your exposure time.

For me, it's a weird experience when it's 8 pm,
the sun is still shining on your face
AND
you still need a coat and long pants to not shiver.
(which is common on some of our cooler summer evenings)

Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,423,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Flying ants never knew ants flew
Flying ants the male drones of carpenter ants. They drill through your wood like termites, causing lots of damage. They're flying about looking for a new place to call home... the place they're in has gottent too overpopulated. Best to find out where they're at!

I just found some when I took my mailbox off the post to change it out. The paint was peeling and so I unscrewed it from the wood and these nasty winged ants went into high gear trying to get the eggs out of harms way. Not quick enough though!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,356,162 times
http://bestsmileys.com/signs10/1.gif (broken link)

Hey City_Data, congratulations on your graduation and good luck to you!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,402,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
They're flying about looking for a new place to call home... the place they're in has gottent too overpopulated. Best to find out where they're at!
Don't believe I've ever seen them, actually never heard of them. Maybe because I live in CA and it is way overpopulated, with people that is

Old 06-05-2009, 09:21 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,224,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I love geckos. When I lived in Florida they were everywhere. It was so cool.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM

They show up and leave. You can read the newspaper with them. There is no commitment.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!! I went in my bedroom tonight and there was a HUGE gecko!!! (lizard that lives in warm climates in the summer) I caught him with a glass and he alluded me and ran under the bed! So now he's loose somewhere in the house....

ILNC, I think I need to borrow your cat, Maggie for a few days!!!!!!!!!

When will Winter return???????????
we have alot of lizards here in the us vi and they are good they eat bugs and the don't bite humans..if it was a cetipede loos in your bedroom that's another story imediately stomp on all cetipedes.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
They show up and leave. You can read the newspaper with them. There is no commitment.
did you know that lizzards and gekos drink coffee and soda!!! yep i've had pet gekos that live on the porch and come up to me to get there coffee fill.. they love coffie and coke a cola. lizzards are good and they are friendly..

Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM

I've never tried to give them something to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather