Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:15 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post

Hey City_Data, congratulations on your graduation and good luck to you!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,287 times
Well...I read the story to the end and I haven't seen the ending! KAYKAY! When, where, and how did you find the little bugger? Did you wake up and find him sitting on your forehead? I think they are cute too... when we vacation in Florida I harrass the little things with undying attention...they boogie away real fast if you like them. LOL

Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
They show up and leave. You can read the newspaper with them. There is no commitment.
LOL!!!!

I had one who liked to hang on the wall in the shower while I bathed! My cat likes to bite their tails off and whap 'em around, but she doesn't kill them. They're GREAT for keeping spiders and other bugs at decent levels. They're GREAT in your gardens!!!!

I love gecko's/chameleons.... I don't like iguanas very much. lol The kind of freak me out sunning on my dock down there. Have you ever seen on run across a canal????????????? Those suckers can haul azz!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:01 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
When I first saw this thread I thought you had a real beef like hot weather.

Geckos are harmless, loveable creatures that sell car insurance on the side.

Btw they eat far more disgusting creatures like roaches. Maybe the little lizard dude saved you from much greater ick-if-ication!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:29 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Well...I read the story to the end and I haven't seen the ending! KAYKAY! When, where, and how did you find the little bugger? Did you wake up and find him sitting on your forehead? I think they are cute too... when we vacation in Florida I harrass the little things with undying attention...they boogie away real fast if you like them. LOL
My husband found him just tonight and got rid of him for me. He will just pick them up. I woudn't pick one up for a $1000 bucks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
When I first saw this thread I thought you had a real beef like hot weather.
Actually, geckos are NOT the only reason I don't like summer in Texas though they have become reason #1. The beastly heat is the other reason!
Btw they eat far more disgusting creatures like roaches. Maybe the little lizard dude saved you from much greater ick-if-ication!
I can deal with the roaches, (Combat bait stations) but not the geckos. I actually used to work for a pest control company. I asked my boss about getting rid of lizards. My boss just said, "But, Paula, (my first name), lizards are beneficial! (Maybe they are beneficial OUTSIDE but not in my house!)

Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
LOL!!!!
I had one who liked to hang on the wall in the shower while I bathed!
I would've been out of that shower so fast it would've made your head spin!

Old 06-06-2009, 01:23 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
When my youngest was around 10 or so he got 2 geckos as pets. They lived in an aquariam and had a heat light on them. He would get them out and play with them daily. Somehow one day, he could only find one to put back into their house....it was winter, and we figured he was a goner for sure.

About three days later, one night I was lying in bed and my hand was on the side of the mattress and I felt something crawl on it, something cold! I turned on the lamp and lo and behold, there was that gecko!!!! I raced him back into son's room and dropped that critter inot his house, he lay on the rock directly under the heat lamp all night!

My oldest meanwhile had the iquana and my housekeeper would not come in and clean his room because of it and the green snake that my dh found and put inside with it.

His home was HUGE....

ahh, nothing like boys and their pets.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post

ahh, nothing like boys and their pets.
I had a boy, but no such "reptilian" pets entered the house...at least none I knew about!

Old 06-06-2009, 02:29 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
No reptiles here so far this summer, unless you count the 6 ft black snake in my driveway

But they are good snakes!! Just get it away from me, OK??

Old 06-06-2009, 08:53 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,997 times
I get tonnes of deadly widow spiders in summer, not to mention Huntsmen spiders which can measure 6 inches across, plus hordes white tail spiders which leave nasty bites.....yet I still adore the season...

Summer is also high time for flying bullants (over an inch in length), mosquito plagues and other stupid crappy insects invented by some nutcase to make human life hell......yet I still get off over those warm nights

With the ridiculous insects/arachnids we get here in summer, I'd trade all of them for a harmless gecko
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather