Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 AM

13 posts, read 31,585 times

Advertisements

Hello friends, i am an passionate lover of Meteorology and i write from Italy (Sicily).
I write in the main forum of sicilian Meteorology.

[Mod Cut]

For some weeks I read your forum which is the most beautiful and interesting of all.[/b]
We forecast Sicilian fans are fascinated by the wonderful climate of North America and frequently follow the time of your territory.
If anyone knows the Italian (or try to write in Italian with translator) and wants to register and write on our forum we would appreciate.
In the forum there are also sections devoted to webcams from around the world and for Canada and the U.S. we have thousands of webcams
Greetings from Sicily.

In Italy we are 6 hours ahead of New York

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-23-2010 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Sorry. New users cannot post other sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 AM

Good morning, here in Palermo raining and the temperature is 13,7 ° C (57 F)
To Italy 's southern forecast models provide an intense wave of cold Arctic for the weekend with the possibility of snow at low altitude near Palermo, Sicily

Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Hello.

I don't understand much Italian, but I find Italy's climate very interesting,
especially Sicily because I like warm and hot sunny weather.
I live in Toronto and we get about 4.5 months a year when it can be warm or hot.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:35 AM

Hello ColdCanadian, I envy you very much because the Italians Weather fans would like to have the climate of your spectacular and beautiful city
I love the snow and cold but Sicily, it offers a lot.
For you who love the heat and sun but on the plains and the coast of Sicily there is little cold and little snow.

However, even if rarely, in Palermo it snowed in the past
Under a link with pictures of some snowfall in Palermo
Forum di MeteoSicilia - Leggi argomento - Palermo bianca:storia fotografica di Palermo sotto la neve

Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 AM

here in Palermo raining so weak, 13,8° C (57 F)

Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
Hi there from another weather enthusiast. My job is being a weather forecaster so I have enjoyed weather with a passion from a very young age.

I love winter time...and you would have fun being in the climate where I live and work now as it is hugely different from where you live now.

I live in northeast North Dakota/Northwest Minnesota area...about 140 miles south of Winnipeg Canada. Typically in January -15 to -30C temps are very very common from December 15 to February 15th with snow on the ground for about 4-5 months of the year. But we have a warm summer with highs 25C-30C for many days. We do not get the terrible heat of where you live...but it can get to 35C every so often.

Sorry but I dont know any italian

Dan

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian-Man View Post
Hello ColdCanadian, I envy you very much because the Italians Weather fans would like to have the climate of your spectacular and beautiful city
I love the snow and cold but Sicily, it offers a lot.
For you who love the heat and sun but on the plains and the coast of Sicily there is little cold and little snow.

However, even if rarely, in Palermo it snowed in the past
Under a link with pictures of some snowfall in Palermo
Forum di MeteoSicilia - Leggi argomento - Palermo bianca:storia fotografica di Palermo sotto la neve

Funny, but I'm also glad to hear Italians envy Toronto's climate.
I dislike days under 18 C and would rather see "38 C with scorching sun" instead of -8 C.

What may surprise folks from warm/hot climates is that when it isn't summer,
we average between 25-45% chance of sunshine, 60+% afternoon humidity and avereage windspeeds between 15-20 km/h.
If you've seen the "Lord of the Rings" movies, (New Zealand) Toronto is similar to that.
A lot of folks from places like Florida are mostly familiar with afternoon highs between 10-17 C when it's dry, calm and sunny.
There's a BIG difference when there's no sun and constant breezes.

Nice pictures.
I'm also into gardening and I liked seeing your date-palm trees.
Funny to see date palms and other sub-tropical evergreens with snow on them.
Nice mountain scenery too.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 01-26-2010 at 11:05 AM..

Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Thanks for sharing the link/pictures! I was to Italy for 2 weeks in late Oct. 2004. We picked up a car in Rome, drove to Umbertide and stayed at an old tobacco farm out in the country. Each day we went out sightseeing, I enjoyed the countryside, little towns, and of course, the food! Driving was tricky but the trip was well worth it!

I was amazed at how warm and humid it was, warmer than I expected it to be, nights were cool once we were in the hills of Umbria but the days warmed up a great deal.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,694,364 times
Hey welcome to the forum! Palermo sounds like it has a fantastic climate with all the summer heat and mild winter... certainly warmer than where I am now in Vancouver, BC I wonder how people in Palermo handled the snow when it fell there...
Winters here can be rather grey, wet and dreary even more so than in Toronto where ColdCanadian is from. So, if you like rain and never ending dampness.. come on out this way

Old 01-27-2010, 05:17 AM

DaninEGF
Quote:
Hi there from another weather enthusiast. My job is being a weather forecaster so I have enjoyed weather with a passion from a very young age.

I love winter time...and you would have fun being in the climate where I live and work now as it is hugely different from where you live now.

I live in northeast North Dakota/Northwest Minnesota area...about 140 miles south of Winnipeg Canada. Typically in January -15 to -30C temps are very very common from December 15 to February 15th with snow on the ground for about 4-5 months of the year. But we have a warm summer with highs 25C-30C for many days. We do not get the terrible heat of where you live...but it can get to 35C every so often.

Sorry but I dont know any italian

Dan
Danin're very lucky, all the people who love weather would do your job.
But you're twice lucky because you live in a spectacular region for climate and nature.
Two days ago in the forums of meteosicilia I opened a thread with the webcam of the Ely because it was

snowing hard and all the Sicilians Weather fans were fascinated
http://meteosicilia.forumup.it/about18473-meteosicilia.html

And this is the section of our forum dedicated to Minnesota webcams
http://meteosicilia.forumup.it/about14242-meteosicilia.html
Inform me if you know other webcams

ColdCanadian
Quote:
Funny, but I'm also glad to hear Italians envy Toronto's climate.
I dislike days under 18 C and would rather see "38 C with scorching sun" instead of -8 C.

What may surprise folks from warm/hot climates is that when it isn't summer,
we average between 25-45% chance of sunshine, 60+% afternoon humidity and avereage windspeeds between 15-20 km/h.
If you've seen the "Lord of the Rings" movies, (New Zealand) Toronto is similar to that
You live in a paradise: snow and ice in winter hot but with storms and rain in summer

In summer in Palermo can not rain for three months and the flora is really stressful.
But it is stressful also for Weather fans

susancruzs
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link/pictures! I was to Italy for 2 weeks in late Oct. 2004. We picked up a car in Rome, drove to Umbertide and stayed at an old tobacco farm out in the country. Each day we went out sightseeing, I enjoyed the countryside, little towns, and of course, the food! Driving was tricky but the trip was well worth it!

I was amazed at how warm and humid it was, warmer than I expected it to be, nights were cool once we were in the hills of Umbria but the days warmed up a great deal.
Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/weath...#ixzz0do6Gdh54
Umbria is a beautiful region.
Indeed, in summer, the Italian interior plains are very hot and humid.

Next time I suggest you come in spring or autumn (May or October)

I ask you a question.
You live in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
The west coasts of the great American lakes (beautiful !!!!!) are less snow but colder east coast.
Correct?
Two Rivers is less snow and more cold Manistee, Ludington, Muskegon, etc. etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather