Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,474,093 times

Advertisements

Kansas City is very cold in winter,very hot in summer.Can be Very humid in spring and summer. Can be very windy. Severe storms, blizzards, tornadoes, microbursts, and unamaginable heavy rain. I think that Kansas City is one of the worst cities to live in weatherwise. Infact there was a rare microburst in KC very recently. The weather in Kansas can change just like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
One of the worst cities to live in is where I live, Houston way too HOT and HUMID

Old 06-28-2009, 01:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
That's an interesting question. I don't live in the most comfy city in the world so I really shouldn't be throwing stones, BUT.....International Falls, Mn has a horrible climate IMHO. Cut Bank, Montana is also terribly cold. Neither one really has nice, warm, long summers either. (No offense to my Montana and Minnesota neighbors)

I do like warmth, but I'd also say that some of the most southern cities in the country don't have a comfy climate. Their winters are very nice, but they have long, hot, humid summers.

Given the choice of the two evils~I'd choose the long, hot, HUMID summers in exchange for a decent winter.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Houston gets my vote. Lived there for 7 years. Hated it.

Our winters up here really suck once the New Year comes and goes, but I'd still rather have the 4 seasons than the weather Texas gets.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:23 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
The absolute worst city to live in is any near the Gulf Coast or far south in latitude. Those tend to have extremely high levels of humidity and intense solar radiation. The Desert Southwest would be much too hot and way too far south once again. Great Plains weather is also just too extreme. I would have a very hard time adjusting to a climate with long and hot summers again. Winters are important to me as well.
My favorite climate is the one I live in now (Merrimack Valley in New Hampshire). We are near the valley so winds are light, soils are great for growing anything, and precipitation/snowfall is also consistent).

Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Yakutsk or Winnipeg.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:36 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,899 times
NYC

In the winter it is cold, gloomy, snowy and gets dark at 4pm

In the summer it's not even HOT enough so you still need a sweater or hoodie (just in case) and definitely an UMBRELLA because it always wants to rain and gets very breezy

Either summer or winter you can never win in NYC with any type of weather....

Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCo freak View Post
Kansas City is very cold in winter,very hot in summer.Can be Very humid in spring and summer. Can be very windy. Severe storms, blizzards, tornadoes, microbursts, and unamaginable heavy rain. I think that Kansas City is one of the worst cities to live in weatherwise. Infact there was a rare microburst in KC very recently. The weather in Kansas can change just like that.
Weatherwise that'd probaly be my perfect city all those things into one climtae

Old 07-05-2009, 12:10 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,323,105 times
Mobile, Alabama.

If you like the feeling that you are breathing peanut butter, and love Stink, come on down! You will never, EVER stop sweating!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,464,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
NYC

In the winter it is cold, gloomy, snowy and gets dark at 4pm

In the summer it's not even HOT enough so you still need a sweater or hoodie (just in case) and definitely an UMBRELLA because it always wants to rain and gets very breezy

Either summer or winter you can never win in NYC with any type of weather....
It is just this 2009 summer. Typically NYC summers are very warm (borderline hot) and humid. Have to say that the 4th of July weekend has been pretty good - warm and not humid.

I do wish winters were warmer though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather