Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 PM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Very picturesque post! How often do you get snow where you are?
Last winter we had a lot of snow. Seems like a big storm every week or so. We set a record for seasonal snowfall if I remember right.
Other winters we have had little snow other than 2 or 3 inches once in awhile. It varies. Depends on where the low pressure areas form and which way they travel. Some years they miss us and some years we get direct hits. Like last winter. The ground was white all winter long. Some communities even ran out of road salt and couldn't get contracts for more. We had some deep snows last winter. Some 15 to 20 inch snows. That is uncommon for this area. I don't even live in the lake affect snow belt. They usualy get the deep stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
It can vary some depending on the weather, but usually around mid-October.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:50 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
In Duluth, MN, it's interesting.

Above the hill, leaves usually peak around early October and are almost completely off the trees by October 20th or so.

Below the hill, they seem to peak later (say mid-October, maybe October 20) and often aren't off the trees until after Halloween, in some places even staying until mid November.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:06 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Me too, especially to the North & West, they show all those colorful trees on the news while everything towards the city is still heavily green. It takes weeks for it to get that way here, I'm happy it's that way. It was nice and warm yesterday you are lucky you got to go to the beach.

I'm so jealous of I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA , I'd love to have no Fall foliage.
Seriously?

I think fall foliage is beautiful.

Although we're still not at our peak (which as I said usually occurs in early October), the leaves came out very early this year; I saw colors on a few trees around August 31st. Now that's unusual. (As are the low temperatures we had in late August, and the very warm first half of September we've enjoyed).

Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
How I would love that. I like fall color, but come January, I am sick of the "dead looking" trees and long for March to come around to the leaves will come on the trees again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Me too, especially to the North & West, they show all those colorful trees on the news while everything towards the city is still heavily green. It takes weeks for it to get that way here, I'm happy it's that way. It was nice and warm yesterday you are lucky you got to go to the beach.

I'm so jealous of I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA , I'd love to have no Fall foliage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Same here.
It'd be sweet if the first time it drops below 60 F people called it "winter."
Ok, I'll be more than happy to trade places with anyone of you

Old 09-18-2009, 09:02 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
ME, ME, pick me.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:26 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
ME, ME, pick me.
Oh yes I would love to trade with too Jammie!!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,845,409 times
I am in southern CT and by Halloween our trees are bare!

The toilet paper in the trees from the tricksters is highly visible!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Never see much change here unless we get a really hard freeze then it looks like a fire went through an orange grove.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Seriously?

I think fall foliage is beautiful.

Although we're still not at our peak (which as I said usually occurs in early October), the leaves came out very early this year; I saw colors on a few trees around August 31st. Now that's unusual. (As are the low temperatures we had in late August, and the very warm first half of September we've enjoyed).
I think it's beautiful too but I know it means the beginning of the end, lifeless trees and temps only in the 20's/30's/40's/50's/60's (10's & 70's too), it's still Summer but I'm sick already, my asthma and allergies are acting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat, it's not even Fall yet and I'm sick (as soon as we dropped into the upper-50's one night), we are in for a warm up and I hope that helps me recover, heat makes my asthma go away and it makes me immune to being sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather