Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not everyone handles the heat and cold the same, I have a really hard time with heat and I've very hot natured, I get hot when it's 75. I'm actually a Native Texan, but never have gotten used to the humidity. I'm really loving our cool weather right now
I like the cold. But, I am tired of it already. Maybe I am changing as I get older. But I would love it if it was 75 degrees right now. That's the perfect temperature.

Also, you get hot at the degree of room temperature water. That's lukewarm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times
I am soooooo ready for the Spring! It has been very cold here in NC this last week (and all of Nov and Dec for that matter - at least that's how it feels to me). And I love watching everything come to life in the Spring... I am counting the days.....

Old 01-08-2010, 09:22 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times
I want to go Paddle Boat Riding! And go to the Zoo. And relax in the Japanese Garden. And ride my bike. Well I did ride my bike today, which was a hug mistake haha.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
February is the shortest month but it is not short enough
And I count March 1st as the beginning of spring it is 7 weeks for me.

I wish I could look forward to March 1 as the beginning of spring.

I recall a St Patrick's Day blizzard with a 25 inch snowfall followed by days of below zero temps. ( central Minnesota)

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

I recall a St Patrick's Day blizzard with a 25 inch snowfall followed by days of below zero temps. ( central Minnesota)

I live about 150 miles or so northwest of you. Now I love winter and dont look forward to spring or at least the first part of it. Usually the snowmelt begins in late March into early April and you have all the sand and garbage that was in the snow left behind and everything looks real ugly. Usually by my son's birthday in the last week of April we can see some grass greening and maybe a few buds on the trees. I usually count on Mother's Day as real spring beginning as leaves are coming out.

Like central Minnesota our springs and falls are very quick....usually goes from late winter to early summer in a short time.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Me too.
March 1st is about as cold as Christmas is in Toronto, only with longer days and somewhat-stronger sun.
All March usually means is an end to lows below -5 F (-20 C), but the snow remains.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,997 times
Spring here is nothing to write home about either, it is basically an extension of winter. Only in October it starts to "warm" up, well relatively speaking.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:11 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,463,921 times
Quote:

It can snow as late as early April in NYC but what I meant was that if you divide the year into 4 equally long seasons, it makes more sense to start counting from March 1. The three coldest months are Dec, Jan, and Feb. March is usually warmer than Dec (warmest winter month), hence it is spring

Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,649 times
Spring doesn't start in England until five months time. That's why record numbers of people fly out on these cheap mediterranean package holidays every "summer" .

Well the "big freeze" as it is being dubbed, is still going strong as ever in England, and it's the coldest winter in my life time (age 22). Pure hell! Even 40f will seem hot compared to this.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
We have quite a bit of winter left to enjoy, I don't mind shoveling snow and being cold every day.
I do worry about my poor boat though, the old "Tupperware Trawler" is getting a bad case of cabin fever and there is only one cure. Spring Time.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather