U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM

1,793 posts, read 2,964,788 times

Advertisements

Just for a little fun and psychology analysis... do people's weather preferences depend more on their personality, or more on where they live? I like spring and summer and i cannot stand fall and winter. Is it because of my personality and my individual preferences? Or is it because i live in Pennsylvania? Maybe if i lived in Texas, i would like fall and winter best and hate the summer.

Interesting huh? I have noticed a lot of winter lovers on this forum, and i wonder if many of them appreciate the cold weather because they live in places where it is always really hot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 PM

22,447 posts, read 32,207,076 times
Yes if you lived in Houston you just might hate summer, I sure do! I HATE being hot, so I'm enjoying our little cool spell.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 PM

11,340 posts, read 18,738,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Just for a little fun and psychology analysis... do people's weather preferences depend more on their personality, or more on where they live? I like spring and summer and i cannot stand fall and winter. Is it because of my personality and my individual preferences? Or is it because i live in Pennsylvania? Maybe if i lived in Texas, i would like fall and winter best and hate the summer.

Interesting huh? I have noticed a lot of winter lovers on this forum, and i wonder if many of them appreciate the cold weather because they live in places where it is always really hot.
I too prefer Spring & Summer and despise Fall & Winter, its interesting because we live in virtually the same exact climate.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:29 PM

144 posts, read 522,956 times
I grew up in KC. I love snow!! BUT I live in north central Arkansas now and it rarely snows enough to cover the grass. BUT I hate the cold cold temps. I don't mind 30 degrees. Today, it was -4. I don't want any part of that.

I also love summer because where we live now, we have lots of lakes and rivers to enjoy when it's warm. I like to water ski and canoe and swim.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM

9,594 posts, read 25,841,987 times
At least on this forum,
80-90% of people seem to fall in to one of two categories:

-people who naturally have difficulty with heat and handle cold well
-people who naturally have difficulty with cold and handle heat well

People who enjoy Spring and not Fall probably are looking forward to Summer,
especially since in eastern North America, Spring often comes with spells of dry warmth/heat.

People who prefer Fall and not Spring probably are looking forward to Summer ending and the first cool/cold snaps.
Also as some members have noted, Spring is an annoying reminder that Summer is around the corner.

*I've always thought it was a tragedy that Summer lasted 3-4 months, then had to end.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM

2,789 posts, read 5,910,437 times
I prefer summer.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 AM

12,985 posts, read 12,955,103 times
Interesting! I like 4 distinct seasons, 3 more than winter but I love the midwest and would not want to live somewhere else. If winter gets on my nerves, I can go away for a few weeks!

Spring the buds coming out, flowers starting to bloom, summer is fun, rock hunting on all my favorite beaches, fall with all the gorgeous colors, then waiting to see when the first snow fall will be!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM

9,594 posts, read 25,841,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Interesting! I like 4 distinct seasons, 3 more than winter but I love the midwest and would not want to live somewhere else. If winter gets on my nerves, I can go away for a few weeks!

Spring the buds coming out, flowers starting to bloom, summer is fun, rock hunting on all my favorite beaches, fall with all the gorgeous colors, then waiting to see when the first snow fall will be!
I count "cold" as 55 F down to freezing too, so if you truly enjoy spring and fall in Two Rivers
then you probably handle cold well; for me, sorry but a sweater and long pants just doesn't cut it in "spring/fall".

Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,051,451 times
I like spring and fall. Summer is too hot and winter is too cold

Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 AM

2,918 posts, read 2,769,800 times
People who love cold/winter are scewed in the head. All the dressing up (scarf coat hat gloves etc...) extra layers, icy roads, slush, frost bite, sheer pain from cold, nose like niagara falls, full of mucus, roads like oiled glass, wind chills, etc... PURE HELL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather