U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:49 AM

3,314 posts, read 1,699,657 times

Advertisements

dfa and dfb Long cold and snowy winters and short warm to very warm wet summers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM

825 posts, read 541,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Cfb is the best ^^
Ditto!

I prefer Cfb climates towards the continental end, and warmer Dfb climates like these:

Berlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (It should say Cfb in Wiki, as the mean for January is above -3*C)

Worcester, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-09-2015, 11:57 AM

45 posts, read 76,684 times
For me, San Diego, and particularly Coronado, have the ideal climate for me. Most of the California cost, south of Mendocino, is fine with me. (I'm from Vancouver, Canada; there are worse, such as Winnipeg, Minneapolis, Montreal ...)

Old 08-09-2015, 06:26 PM

12,282 posts, read 7,775,145 times
The Cfa climates in the southeastern US are vastly superior. Where else in the world averages nearly 70 thunderstorm days per year and still falls below freezing every winter like Charleston, SC?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:48 PM

5,038 posts, read 2,137,424 times
I like Dfd/Dwd the best, but Dfc/Dwc is a close second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B...ermal_climates

ET is also good, albeit a bit boring, while EF climates have nice winter temps but are too monotonous for my tastes. I like to have some summer warmth, with highs between 10-20C in the warmest season.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:11 AM

6,166 posts, read 4,457,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Dfa all the way, and a pronounced one with winter highs well below freezing and summer highs around 86 F / 30 C or so.
It's been two years since I posted this, and I'm still a hardcore Dfa fan. However I now prefer winter highs a little closer to freezing (25-32 F / -4 to 0 C) and summer highs around 91 F / 33 C. It's the summer preference that's changed the most, but I still like winters where the average low doesn't drop below 0 F / -18 C, which requires a high at least around 18 F / -8 C.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:47 AM

2,827 posts, read 1,418,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Borderline Cfa/Dfa all the way, baby!
Agreed.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:49 AM

114 posts, read 61,888 times
I like the Green shaded ones (Csa, Csb, Csc) as my usual weather, with an occasional trips to the Blue/Purple shaded (Dsa to Dwd) places. I hate heat and humidity, especially both together.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:58 AM

39 posts, read 23,776 times
Af, preferably in the highlands, but I’d be OK with sea level (especially with air conditioning). I wouldn’t even mind Fiji or NW Colombia, where it rains 200 inches a year. Think how easy gardening would be. All you’d have to do would be to weed, and with the damp ground, uprooting weeds would be a breeze. Of course you’d have to stay clear of the civil unrest, but no place is perfect.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:50 PM

3,537 posts, read 1,764,296 times
Dfb climates for the changeability and well-defined differences between the seasons. Short summers, long winters with persistent snow cover and gradual transitional seasons. I like my current area and also would like places such as Caribou, ME; Tupper Lake, NY; Watertown, NY; St. John's Labrador/Newfoundland.

Dfc climates for retaining the changeability but having cooler climates Whittier, AK for high snowfall, mild temperatures and having a lot of rainfall. Other good Dfc climates-Labrador City, Anchorage, Crater Lake.

Dfa climates are also okay though tend to get a bit too hot for too long in the summertime but they aren't overall bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or