Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:07 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Too cold for me. I like warmth!
For Spring, Winter and Fall, the "typical" temps I put down are a little lower than our averages,
but we do get persistant cool/cold spells lasting days or weeks, so I did it to give people a better "feel."
Also a high of 48 F (9 C) is not very weird anytime between late-September and mid-May.

The temps I listed are the temps we see 2/3'rds of the time in a normal month,
and also that kind of weather people just assume it's the month's fault.
(Typical rant: "...*&%# October weather..." )

The flip side to this is that 1/5th of all our warmer days in a month catch us off guard
and make most of us happy, or at least content... even if this means 35 F (+2 C) in January.
Myself included.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 01-27-2010 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM

122 posts, read 412,528 times
All that i know is the winter Season iam not to sure how long the other seasons are

Our Winter Season in Vaughan,Ontario,Canada

From Mid-November to Early April.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM

242 posts, read 596,554 times
I'll take a stab at it:
Spring: mid-late March to the first of May. 6 weeks.
Summer: May to Early October basically. 18-22 weeks (its pretty variable). My opinion.
Fall: Mid October to Early December. 7 weeks.
Winter: Mid December to mid March. 13 weeks.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:02 PM

578 posts, read 1,188,891 times
London

Spring: late Feb to mid May. Usually things start to bloom towards the end of Feb, and average highs pass 50 at that time of year also. It can still sometimes be frigid in early-mid March though, with highs in the low 40s. Drizzle gives way to showery precip. Typical temps are 50s-70s for highs and 40s-50s lows.

Summer: mid May to mid-late September. Typical days are partly cloudy, thunderstorms or heavy showers can occur. Drizzle is rare. Typical temps 70s-80s highs, lows 50s-60s, though most years it gets into the 90s.

Autumn: mid-late September to mid-December. A mix of calm, sunny days and stormy days. The wettest months of the year are October and November. Snow can occur late November onwards but is extremely rare. Typical highs 50s-70s, lows 40s-60s.

Winter: mid-December to late Feb. Typical conditions are mostly cloudy or overcast. Frost occasionally occurs at night. Snow is most common in January but is still extremely rare (maybe 1-3 days a year with snow falling, if it settles it is considered heavy). Typical highs 40s and 50s, lows 30s and 40s. On the coldest nights the low can dip into the mid-high 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather