Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 03:27 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,479,580 times

Advertisements

Oops, I nearly fell asleep reading it.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,682,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Oops, I nearly fell asleep reading it.
,|,,

Go home. This is serious business.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 AM

Threads on the Canadian forum..

1. Does Toronto have any kind of NYC feel/vibe?
  2. Why Canadian healthcare is better (than American healthcare)
  3. Does Canada have a longer history of immigration from the Indian subcontinent than the US or about the same?
  4. How much do Canadians really dislike Americans?
  5. American's in their rude assumptions about Canadians
  6. Differences between US and Canada
  7. Any Canadians Familiar with US Southern States?
  8. How does the black or African-American culture/community relate or compare to the black/African-Canadian one?
  9. Mexico influence in Canada compared to America

Old 02-06-2014, 06:20 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,392,044 times
Yesterday was such a dreary day. Today's colder and sunnier. It feels so much better.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:27 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,320,818 times
I got my tax refund today and it's much cooler and windier today

Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,601,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Threads on the Canadian forum..

1. Does Toronto have any kind of NYC feel/vibe?
  2. Why Canadian healthcare is better (than American healthcare)
  3. Does Canada have a longer history of immigration from the Indian subcontinent than the US or about the same?
  4. How much do Canadians really dislike Americans?
  5. American's in their rude assumptions about Canadians
  6. Differences between US and Canada
  7. Any Canadians Familiar with US Southern States?
  8. How does the black or African-American culture/community relate or compare to the black/African-Canadian one?
  9. Mexico influence in Canada compared to America
Haha! I don't usually read the UK / Europe forums much these days, but I suppose there's at least one thread ongoing which reads something like this:

Person A: British people are pasty redheads due to Haplotype Y13545345
Person B: British people are swarthy Mediterranean types due to Haplotype X894573487
Person C: OMG!!!!!!!!!! British people are not all 100% exactly the same!!!!! We got invaded loads of times in ancient history and now we have black people so any generalisations about a British look is invalid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

On and on and on...

Old 02-06-2014, 06:40 AM

13,445 posts, read 8,982,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Not if the foliage would block out the precious sunlight when the sun doesn't rise high enough to clear the trees! No deciduous trees means no autumn leaves and spring blossoms = boring.
Well it depends on how much of a jungle you create & if you have plants right outside the window... I never had such troubles back in the UK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Kudos to the guy for putting hard work into this, but come on who is he kidding? You're still in Leeds, England. I bet his backyard looks pretty silly whenever Leeds gets a snowstorm.

Just because I plant a couple of Norway Spruces and Birches in my backyard, doesn't mean I'm magically going to be living in a subarctic climate. And this would look really silly and out of place in Tallahassee.
You are kind of missing the point, it is about garden style, not climate. Some people just like an exotic theme, just as some people in warmer climates prefer a cottage style rose garden. It isn't meant to trick you into thinking it is warmer or colder than it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A few beers and some hobbit style pipe weed under bananas in heavy rain, is nice. The flowers produce year round food for NZ nectar feeding birds, even if they don't produce edible fruit.

I guess there will be eating bananas in Malta?
My Musa basjoo used to fruit in the UK but the bananas were tiny & inedible...

Edible bananas grow in Malta, infact most farmers have a patch of banana trees growing at the edge of their fields, alongside the prickly pears & locally grown bananas are sold in the shops...

Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,682,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Haha! I don't usually read the UK / Europe forums much these days, but I suppose there's at least one thread ongoing which reads something like this:

Person A: British people are pasty redheads due to Haplotype Y13545345
Person B: British people are swarthy Mediterranean types due to Haplotype X894573487
Person C: OMG!!!!!!!!!! British people are not all 100% exactly the same!!!!! We got invaded loads of times in ancient history and now we have black people so any generalisations about a British look is invalid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

On and on and on...
And the other threads are like:

1. "Is the US better than Europe?"
2. "Is Russia Europe?"
3. "Is the income tax really 99% in Denmark?"
4. "London vs Mumbai"
5. "Amsterdam vs Berlin - which to visit in November?"

Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 AM

New thread idea..

"Are Scandinavians really boring and rude, compared to the fun Romanians and Bulgarians?"

or..

"Why is Russia so peaceful and kind, and never did anything bad, while the West is evil and corrupt?"

or..

"Where in Europe can I live above a bar or restaurant, while parking my over-sized Chevrolet Suburban?"

Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,601,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And the other threads are like:

1. "Is the US better than Europe?"
2. "Is Russia Europe?"
3. "Is the income tax really 99% in Denmark?"
4. "London vs Mumbai"
5. "Amsterdam vs Berlin - which to visit in November?"
I wonder what happened to the "I'm Indian and want to get laid in every country in Europe. Will that be easy or are Europeans all KKK Nazi racists?" guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather