Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM

242 posts, read 261,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Did you work for that money, or was it handed to you?

I know it's ****ing retarded. When I graduate I'd probbaly have to move out of state since that's what many RN jobs around here call for
A friend from work has a degree and has applied for hundreds of jobs over the last 3 years with no luck. He is now going for his masters but I think there is absolutely no point ending up several dozen grand in debt when he already has a degree (and the debt from that).

I'm starting to think going to uni was the biggest mistake of my life.... seems like even though you have the qualification, no one wants you unless you actually worked in the field. Should've just gone straight to work after high school and would probably be a *****-ton richer by now, debt free and well on the way to owning a house. Instead I have 15,000 bucks student debt, live with the folks and not able to land a proper job. **** the world

My boss did the smart thing... worked after he finished school, saved up while living with his parents, bought his own place and now at 34 has a wife, a kid with another on the way, and a house in an expensive suburb that many people his age could only dream of affording.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM

13,479 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Silly season has started again on another forum I post on, with the return of ridiculously over-exposed thermometers/sensors... One guy who lives in Newport south Wales always has stupid temperatures & wont have it that they are inaccurate, today apparently it reached 18.7C there! When Cardiff just down the road (& a much bigger city) recorded 13C

Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,686,527 times
That always cracks me up. Specially the places in London area that seem to average highs of 30°C in July and August.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:24 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Why do mountain ranges always have bigger positive anomalies compared to surrounding areas on this map?
Yea what is that all about?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
A friend from work has a degree and has applied for hundreds of jobs over the last 3 years with no luck. He is now going for his masters but I think there is absolutely no point ending up several dozen grand in debt when he already has a degree (and the debt from that).

I'm starting to think going to uni was the biggest mistake of my life.... seems like even though you have the qualification, no one wants you unless you actually worked in the field. Should've just gone straight to work after high school and would probably be a *****-ton richer by now, debt free and well on the way to owning a house. Instead I have 15,000 bucks student debt, live with the folks and not able to land a proper job. **** the world

My boss did the smart thing... worked after he finished school, saved up while living with his parents, bought his own place and now at 34 has a wife, a kid with another on the way, and a house in an expensive suburb that many people his age could only dream of affording.
Time to move countries.

When I have my qualitications I am not even gonna stay.
So sick of living here.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Is you moving to Finland?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 AM

13,479 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
That always cracks me up. Specially the places in London area that seem to average highs of 30°C in July and August.
There are three people on the forum in particular who post stupidly high temperature, that berk in Newport, a complete bellend from Preston & a tool from Ellesmere Port. They live in not very warm parts of the UK, but always post temperatures about 8 degrees higher than their nearest Met Office stations & usually higher than the official nationwide maximum too lol When I tried to give them some helpful advice on how to achieve more accurate readings I was told to 'eff off & that I was just jealous because it was far warmer where they lived than where I lived (Portsmouth!) Bloody idiots...

Old 04-11-2014, 11:37 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,686,527 times
Wow, 8°C higher, that's crazy. I am almost opposite, almost anal about getting accurate temp readings in my weather records. I suppose some people let their ego get in the way to boast "highest" temperatures even though they must know that their numbers are complete codswallop really. Doing a disservice to climatology.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Is you moving to Finland?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:59 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Yeah, we are weird, European, drive on the wrong side, listen to Germany and have weird food. Better not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather