Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,353,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Another terrible forecast by the Met Office, cloud cloud cloud.. never any sun.. everywhere else has had sun but here FFS! I know I don't really care for sun but when everywhere else has some sun and the first taste of spring, and youd do not.. it's annoying
It's probably wrong. The metoffice forecasts are dire, I wouldn't pay any attention to them. Here they under predict highs in these situations by 2-4°C.

Having lived near an East Coast location (in Lincolnshire) I know all about everywhere in England, South, West and North getting bright sunshine and warm spring temps while North Sea haar drifts inland in the east, keeping temperatures arctically cold. This happens with easterly winds of course. One such day was 2nd April 2009 when many places enjoyed 14-15°C temps, where I was, we were stuck under Sea Haar and the temperature stayed a bone chilling 8°C with cloud all day.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,561,008 times
Quote:
Another terrible forecast by the Met Office, cloud cloud cloud.. never any sun.. everywhere else has had sun but here FFS! I know I don't really care for sun but when everywhere else has some sun and the first taste of spring, and youd do not.. it's annoying
Good to know you rate sunshine as having some value ... it's been a very poor "summer" for sun in most of NZ and very few are happy about it.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:08 PM

Unhappy cos I just sent my drink flying across my computer table and it even soaked into my wireless headphones and external hard drive, which is now emitting sparks and buzzing.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,465,573 times
Unhappy that someone has left the heating on and I'm now sweating like a pig.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 AM

Another day of high pressure, another day of complete anticyclonic gloom. This is the only country in the world that can be persistently cloudy under lengthy high pressure spells I recon. I will always believe every BBC forecast I see now, they have got this all correct in this spell and the last one, cloudy cloudy cloudy, while the GFS and other models led to false expectations of sun and mildness. We have still to exceed 12°C in Buxton in any of these failed "high pressure" spells. BS.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,944,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Unhappy cos I just sent my drink flying across my computer table and it even soaked into my wireless headphones and external hard drive, which is now emitting sparks and buzzing.
derp

unhappy, too damn cold, but that is normal for this bloody climate.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,944,867 times
Quote:
Another day of high pressure, another day of complete anticyclonic gloom. This is the only country in the world that can be persistently cloudy under lengthy high pressure spells I recon. I will always believe every BBC forecast I see now, they have got this all correct in this spell and the last one, cloudy cloudy cloudy, while the GFS and other models led to false expectations of sun and mildness. We have still to exceed 12°C in Buxton in any of these failed "high pressure" spells. BS.
no.. Melbourne can also have endless cloudy horsecrap and drizzle when under a supposed high pressure system.

Quote:
Unhappy that someone has left the heating on and I'm now sweating like a pig.
did it exceed 15C... lol nah just joking

Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,965,117 times
Although I respect that it is too cold (chilly?) for you, it will forever escape my comprehension how a high temperature range of 60-79F could ever be considered cold. There's also a range of 48-57F for nighttime lows. A quick glance at The Weather Channel's forecast page shows 2 days of light rain beginning tomorrow, and I assume that is what you're complaining about. I also see that 7 out of the next 9 days will be sunny - if one excludes 1 day with clearing skies, then it's 6 out of 9 days with ample sunshine. I'm just a bit surprised, as I always am, at how warm and sunny Melbourne is. Your description conjured up images in my mind of something resembling Kerguelen Island. I appreciate that it is too chilly and cloudy for you year-round, and that you (rightly for you) desire a level of summer heat and sun much more intense than what Melbourne has to offer.

If I were in Melbourne I'd consider it overall to be sunny and warm, practically summer-like, and it's too sunny and too warm for me this time of year. I know you'll think me crazy for posting this, Flight Simmer, but keep in mind that my dream climate doesn't even feature weather as warm as what you're having now in the summer, let alone a month after met summer's end. I'm sure you'd consider my climate horrific .

Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Why nobody posted to this thread so long?

Everybody suddenly love their climates?

Well I sure don't. I'm counting the days until, the end of this turgid cold screw up of a "spring month". It's so cold and dull this month that I can't get out of bed til 4pm and then I just feel like lying around and doing nothing (nothing unusual there), no joy in this weather, too cold to enjoy any sun, and very boring. This shyt should have been in March and April should have had those warm days we got last month.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,501,494 times
Quote:
Why nobody posted to this thread so long?

Everybody suddenly love their climates?

Well I sure don't. I'm counting the days until, the end of this turgid cold screw up of a "spring month". It's so cold and dull this month that I can't get out of bed til 4pm and then I just feel like lying around and doing nothing (nothing unusual there), no joy in this weather, too cold to enjoy any sun, and very boring. This shyt should have been in March and April should have had those warm days we got last month.
Why don't you come on down to Georgia and enjoy yourself a proper spring? Highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's - perfect "open window" weather...hehe. I keep saying if the weather stayed like it is right now all summer long, it'd be total paradise. To bad we have to deal with the 90's in the summer, that's when you might see me posting in this thread...lol.

WF2 - I see that you're in the UK - I'd love nothing more than to spend a June, July and August in your location - your average highs are in the 70's then, I suppose? That'd be the perfect summer for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather