Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 09:59 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,380,928 times

Advertisements

This latest wanky disappointment just confirms what a pathetically dull and boring place this country is for weather or certainly Buxton is for weather, and I may completely lose my interest in it until I can move to the East Midlands where thunderstorms happen, as well as summers. No words can describe the disappointment from getting sweet F-all out of two very good days with nice opportunities for storms, and being in the only sodding part of the whole country to have lame retarded stratus and drizzle with arctic 16 degrees temperature while every other bugger enjoys storms and lightning, hail, thunder etc......

So now I'm going to get totally pissed out of my mind and put on my music extremely loud enough to go bloody deaf and never smile again for the rest of my DAMN LIFE.

What's even more crap about the lame "crapvection" there has been this year is that even when storms were close enough to hear thunder, we haven't even had more than 1mm of rain out of any of the damn storms, just pukey light rain drizzle anemic sodding bullshit. This place is one cursed failure for any kind of interesting weather. No torrential downpours at all this year, the only one happened on 3rd January.

Stupid lame gay Fuxton and its wanky subarctic sodded buggering lame que*r sh!tty weather, always a constant disappointment.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Awrite everywun, let's play a game. Spot Fagsdon (Buxton) on this weather radar map!!!!

OMG!!!11!! Look at all those storms. Buxton no closer than about 40 freaking miles from ANY of them.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:50 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,980,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
OMG!!!11!! Look at all those storms. Buxton no closer than about 40 freaking miles from ANY of them.
I've seen rotten luck many times but something like that is truly special.

Quote:
This place is one cursed failure for any kind of interesting weather. No torrential downpours at all this year, the only one happened on 3rd January.
What were the circumstances surrounding the one on January 3? Was there thunder with it (I suspect there wasn't but I just want to make sure)?

If there was it would be an odd thing, that being winter featuring more thunder than summer, but it's actually more common than you might think. In some parts of my own continent, the strongest thunderstorms of all of 2011 occurred in winter with blizzards that produced intense thundersnow.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I've seen rotten luck many times but something like that is truly special.

What were the circumstances surrounding the one on January 3? Was there thunder with it (I suspect there wasn't but I just want to make sure)?

If there was it would be an odd thing, that being winter featuring more thunder than summer, but it's actually more common than you might think. In some parts of my own continent, the strongest thunderstorms of all of 2011 occurred in winter with blizzards that produced intense thundersnow.
No thunder with the squall on January 3rd. Some hail though and strong winds. Rainfall rate reached 99mm/hr the highest I've ever recorded on my Wx station. It was the passage of an anabatic cold front with surface lifting caused a focused band of heavy precip.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM

20,652 posts, read 23,829,464 times
I think the mountains near you may be erroding the storms.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Well now I'm not going to bother looking at weather forecasts, model outputs or the radar ever again. I will let the weather take me by surprise, and hope something happens.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,980,431 times
Quote:
No thunder with the squall on January 3rd. Some hail though and strong winds. Rainfall rate reached 99mm/hr the highest I've ever recorded on my Wx station. It was the passage of an anabatic cold front with surface lifting caused a focused band of heavy precip.
Hmm...I suppose that was quite an event. Events like that pretty much are almost the definition of "squall".

Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Some retarded piece of crap left a rude rep comment and of course is wallowing in the security of anonymity... sodding little pu$$y. If they were ever one to accuse me of immaturity or inappropriate behaviour, well, congrats you retard you just showed you're no better if not worse, because you are a hiding little slimy creep with no guts.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,517,076 times
Quote:
Well now I'm not going to bother looking at weather forecasts, model outputs or the radar ever again. I will let the weather take me by surprise, and hope something happens.
That's a good idea.

Another storm went by here just recently. Can't wait for winter, at least then I can be guaranteed some snowfall.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,582,380 times
Unhappy with the moss invasion. The last 2 +weeks of grey, wet weather has resulted in a moss outbreak. It's all over the place. I look forward to the sun coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.