Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Overcast View Post
That sucks man. What car do you drive? My mum's old car was a dog box, the bloody thing always had something wrong with it.
Mercury. The thing is 15-years old and has been a real pain in the ass the past few months. Timing belt went which I understand will happen but it still cost nearly half the value of the car, now something is wrong with my brake line, and the A/C broke in the middle of one of the most humid summers I've experienced here. It's going to be a financial stretch, but I think I'm going to have to buy a new car sooner rather than later. Just need to get through the rest of this year. I've had it with junkers.

Also doesn't help that I got completely ****ed by my bro when I "sold" him my other car, but that's another story. Could really use the money I'm owed. Sorry feeling bitter today.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Where the hell is my cat?!
You need to be careful with cats in urban areas - my cat, who was barely a year old, was knocked over and killed by a car 2 years ago.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You need to be careful with cats in urban areas - my cat, who was barely a year old, was knocked over and killed by a car 2 years ago.
Thanks for giving me piece of mind

Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM

688 posts, read 841,758 times
Quote:

oh and hi galaxyman what is it your 10th account now?
Hey mate. what's cracking? It's 10^2736527365452754732547825487632584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Mercury. The thing is 15-years old and has been a real pain in the ass the past few months. Timing belt went which I understand will happen but it still cost nearly half the value of the car, now something is wrong with my brake line, and the A/C broke in the middle of one of the most humid summers I've experienced here. It's going to be a financial stretch, but I think I'm going to have to buy a new car sooner rather than later. Just need to get through the rest of this year. I've had it with junkers.

Also doesn't help that I got completely ****ed by my bro when I "sold" him my other car, but that's another story. Could really use the money I'm owed. Sorry feeling bitter today.
Sorry to hear that dude, cars are a real money pit. My car is also about 15 years old, but it runs very well and have never had issues with the heating or A/C. However there is always something that pops up, like a broken door seal, dead indicator (which I just got fixed) and now one of the headlights went. Last service was $900, but that was both regular service plus LPG service and tune-up (it runs on dual fuel) and repairing a few niggles here and there like the dead indicator, replacing wiper heads etc. This mechanic is honest and is really professional and does everything needed to keep the car in good shape though so the expense to me is justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
My cat is a bugger... one day last week I was getting ready to go to work... the cat was resting on the bonnet of my car so I pick him up and put him inside. Put the car in reverse, start backing out of the garage and what do I see, the cat casually walking out from behind my car as I reverse. For gods sake in hell

Last edited by Full Overcast; 07-15-2013 at 10:11 AM..

Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:

oh and hi galaxyman what is it your 10th account now?
Ugh they always run away. My next door neighbours cat is always in my yard.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM

where the hell is my cat?! He's probably in someone elses flat.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

What kind of Mercury (Mercury are really Ford cars with slightly better features and different styling with a couple of exceptions)? My mom used to lease Mercurys for a long time, and my dad went through two (they almost always leased, doesn't make financial sense but they're scared of old cars). She just got a new Ford Fusion to lease as there's no Mercury's anymore. Really same car different icon in front.

My car is 17 years old, had to do a $700 repair a year ago, nothing major (except new battery, tires) since. It's rusting a lot though, so it may not have too many more years.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
where the hell is my cat?! He's probably in someone elses flat.
The cat from the upstairs apartment hung out in my room. We'd feed sometimes, once in a while he slept in my bed. He believed the whole building was his territory.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I have fly screens on all my windows as we get loads of mosquitoes here, have a screen door on my back door too

My bedroom was unbearable last night, it was about 30C/86F! It was still 22C/72F outside at 2am & 20C/68F at 5am, dropping by 6am to 19.4C. I had 2 fans going in the bedroom, as well as the window wide open & even my loft hatch open to try & let the warm air escape...
Identical outside here (72°F at 2 am, 70°F at 5 am). Daytime time was hotter, of course. 2 fans at the max speed in windows, 4 windows all open. Was 76°F inside at 5 am, 82°F at 10 pm. You have a heat trap. I live on the ground floor, which helps.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
the cat from the upstairs apartment hung out in my room. We'd feed sometimes, once in a while he slept in my bed. he believed the whole building was his territory.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather