Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Firefox keeps on displaying the 404 Not Found error for some reason. My internet connection has seriously deteriorated in recent months, but Google Chrome seems to be funcitoning fine so far.

My contract with Sky Broadband ends this year - I am switching to Virgin Media or BT for faster internet. Sky Broadband are a joke. I checked local internet speeds with Virgin Media and they are considerably faster than what I am getting. Some of my friends have speeds well in excess of 100mbps.
I had Sky Broadband and it was beyond bad. I honestly believe dial up was faster. If I was very lucky, I would get 1mb download speed, but it was usually well below that. I now have Plusnet and it's fantastic! I get 17mb and that's perfect considering I don't live in a super fast fibre optic area(or whatever it's called!)
I had Virgin Media in Salisbury and I had over 100mb. Their wireless router was terrible though.

I might give BT a try when I move back to York. I hear they're pretty good.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:14 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,865,857 times
Quote:
In other news, Firefox is shit. I'll be using Google Chrome from now on.
Woop woop for Safari!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
I had Sky Broadband and it was beyond bad. I honestly believe dial up was faster. If I was very lucky, I would get 1mb download speed, but it was usually well below that. I now have Plusnet and it's fantastic! I get 17mb and that's perfect considering I don't live in a super fast fibre optic area(or whatever it's called!)
I had Virgin Media in Salisbury and I had over 100mb. Their wireless router was terrible though.

I might give BT a try when I move back to York. I hear they're pretty good.
What a fail whale. I get 76

Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
What football leagues do you get with SKY broadband?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,356,905 times
I have to move back to Miami because of family issues. Today has been a really bad day. I'm not going into details but let's just say something bad happened. And now my mom needs help with payments, bills, etc. Tough times

Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I have to move back to Miami because of family issues. Today has been a really bad day. I'm not going into details but let's just say something bad happened. And now my mom needs help with payments, bills, etc. Tough times
Alex, I feel so sorry for you. Hoping that everything goes well and you are able to recover. A bad scenario like this happened during my first year of college, and it was hard to overcome feelings. All I could do was work through it, pray sincerely to god, and hope for the best in life to occur.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,568,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What football leagues do you get with SKY broadband?
I don't pay for sports channels, so I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Sorry to hear that. My mother is in a similar situation to yours - she is currently unemployed and is struggling to pay for utilities. I'm OK with giving her some money to pay for things until she finds employment - she always pays me back in due course.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,356,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Alex, I feel so sorry for you. Hoping that everything goes well and you are able to recover. A bad scenario like this happened during my first year of college, and it was hard to overcome feelings. All I could do was work through it, pray sincerely to god, and hope for the best in life to occur.
Appreciate that dude, yeah right now I feel pretty sad. Especially since we're probably going to have to move back to the rough neighborhood I used to live in when I was a little kid. I'm going to work 2 jobs and save up to move to a better place.

Quote:
I don't pay for sports channels, so I have no idea.

Sorry to hear that. My mother is in a similar situation to yours - she is currently unemployed and is struggling to pay for utilities. I'm OK with giving her some money to pay for things until she finds employment - she always pays me back in due course.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation as well. I honestly don't mind helping my mother pay for utilities since she's done so many things for me, and I definitely trust her in paying me back as well.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM

Just rang up the passport office and discovered that my passport application is in a pile and they haven't even looked at it! After 12 flipping days!

They are so slow. Starting to stress about the flights.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Sorry to hear this guys. Moms are there to support you financially when needed, but good if you are able to help her out if she needs it. I sure know my mom's helped me more than I could ask for, and I can't probably offer anything enough in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.