Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 02:59 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,864,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
What are you going to do in Florida all that time? When I was 18 the idea of being stuck in a villa for over a month, where the only people I'd have to talk to would be my parents / brother and where I'd be reliant on them to drive me around to get anywhere would have been my idea of hell! As it happened, my family actually did go away to Florida for two or three weeks in the summer after I'd turned 18 - I had much more fun at home with the house to myself
No offence but Florida is bigger than UK.

And it is more a living holiday than a holiday. We want to relocate to get a summer lol. There is lots to do you could spend two weeks in Disney and then spend time sunbathing, eating out (better than Spain), cinema, shopping and going to like Miami. There is soo much more to do there than UK or Spain.

Its really just like people going to Spain for a month to their holiday home...

Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,915,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post

And it is more a living holiday than a holiday. We want to relocate to get a summer lol. There is lots to do you could spend two weeks in Disney and then spend time sunbathing, eating out (better than Spain), cinema, shopping and going to like Miami. There is soo much more to do there than UK or Spain.

How are you going to relocate to the US? If you want warm winter weather and a realistic chance of permanently moving to said place, Australia is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
^^ Want to swap places? I'm loving the early spring balminess, but don't mind cold weather in March either.

Wasn't it near Leipzig or something? Curious as to what region you found similar to Pennsylvania. I stopped there and in Dresden en route to Poland. 3:45 pm sunsets on the Polish side and a distinct smell of coal smoke in the still winter air.
Yes it was. The landscape and the hamlets reminded me of Amish Country, PA; minus all the grain silos. I'm talking about northern Saxony, the rural areas. I only spent one day in Leipzig, Dresden, and Berlin. The rest of my stay I spent in little towns.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,645,071 times
Quote:

No it isn't. (And why would I be offended, what difference does it make anyway?)

United Kingdom - 243,610 sq km
Florida - 170,304 sq km
England - 130,395 sq km

Northern Ireland - 13,843 sq km

Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,403,834 times
Quote:

Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,210,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Spain is an absolutely gorgeous country. I have only been to the north of the country, Barcelona in Catalonia and Pamplona, San Sebastian in the Basque region. There are so many great places to visit there, very interesting indeed. Going to resort places such as Benidorm are a complete waste of time, IMO.

Andalucia:

This one looks almost like somewhere in northern Africa/middle east
Looks gorgeous.

I spent a month in Florida on two separate occasions when I was younger. It was nice and I would do it again, but there are so many better places to visit in the US IMO. Boston, Philadelphia, DC, Charleston, Savannah, etc. That's just the east coast. You can still get a nice beach vacation in all the way up to Cape Cod.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Oh my god my dad suggested that.

Freezing cold crappy cape cod! Dear lord no!!

I want a sun holiday.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,403,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Looks gorgeous.

I spent a month in Florida on two separate occasions when I was younger. It was nice and I would do it again, but there are so many better places to visit in the US IMO. Boston, Philadelphia, DC, Charleston, Savannah, etc. That's just the east coast. You can still get a nice beach vacation in all the way up to Cape Cod.
I would love to go to the USA someday. I would not choose Miami as a summer destination as it would probably be too humid for me during July/August, and pretty much the whole of the east coast has hot summers with nice beaches. I would definitely go to Miami in Spring or late Autumn though.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:09 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,565,354 times
I've never seen the appeal of Florida, away from Disney World and perhaps Miami. New England and the North East in general looks a lot more interesting, along with the wider South East (i.e Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia).

Old 03-13-2014, 05:10 PM

Wannabees haven't even been..

Old 03-13-2014, 05:13 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,565,354 times
"There is lots to do you could spend two weeks in Disney and then spend time sunbathing, eating out (better than Spain), cinema, shopping and going to like Miami."

That isn't worth traveling over 4,000 miles - I'm not a female tween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.