Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies/men: what do you think is appropriate for bachelor(ette) party?
Women: the stripper venue is ok, including contact 1 10.00%
Women: the stripper venue is ok, but NO contact 2 20.00%
Women: the stripper venue is NOT ok 3 30.00%
Women: other 1 10.00%
Men: the stripper venue is ok, including contact 0 0%
Men: the stripper venue is ok, but NO contact 3 30.00%
Men: the stripper venue is NOT ok 0 0%
Men: other 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,408,942 times

Advertisements

We've all been to either bachelor or bachelorette parties, and we are accustomed to seeing flesh. It seems like most of them have to do with strippers or exotic dancers. And, yes, the future spouse is embarrassed by the dancer who calls attention to the future bride/groom in front of the whole locale.

I couldn't picture a bunch of guys getting together for a "quiet dinner." Nor would I expect a bunch of girls to get together for a gift exchange or Avon party.

I've heard that, in some cases, the future spouse has a "last fling." Wow. That's an eye-opener, but nothing surprises me.

Of the "controversial" wedding where I was the best man, both the bride and the MIL expressed their displeasure that I took the groomsmen to a strip show. There was no contact, except maybe a congratulatory hug from the dancing bunny up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
I've been to a bunch of bachelorette parties - including 2 of my own - none of them involved seeing flesh. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've been to a bunch of bachelorette parties - including 2 of my own - none of them involved seeing flesh. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Please vote.

In LA, MANY MANY MANY new brides to be went to Chippendale's. And we'd all hear about it the next day. Maybe you can't relate to middle-class folks, but it WAS reality.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Am I voting what's appropriate for my party or his party?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,670,486 times
I've been to a lot of bachelorette parties. Most of them involve a lot of shots perhaps, but we've never had a stripper -- well there was this one guy we met at the bar for my friend's b-party who kept trying to get naked, but none of us actually wanted him to haha!

I've been to strip clubs before and I have no major issue with them -- if SO wanted to go to one for his bachelor party I wouldn't care, but he says he wants to go to the shooting range instead. If they do go to a strip club I'd imagine he'd be pretty uncomfortable given that one of his groomsmen is his uncle and two more are my brothers.

The point here though is that pre-bachelor/bachelorette party the couple should sit down and talk about what they're OK with and not OK with. If your friend's fiancee didn't want him to go to a strip club they should have talked about it prior to it happening instead of being mad about it later. If they did do this and he went anyway then her anger was misplaced -- she had a fiance problem, not a best man problem.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 AM

22,639 posts, read 47,797,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
We've all been to either bachelor or bachelorette parties, and we are accustomed to seeing flesh.
Actually, we are not! Most of us are more creative and less prone to something so uninspired.

I have been to many bachelorettes, and I even hosted a few.
No strippers involved. Ever.

My son got married almost two years ago... they went kayaking and to a microbrew pub.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 AM

29,763 posts, read 34,474,741 times
Male strippers are kind of gross, anyway. Not many women I know want some glittered and oiled up dude flapping his junk in our faces. It's not at all sexy, and it's barely even funny.

For the wedding I'm in later this summer, I think we're going to do dinner and drinks for my friend's "hen night." The notion of a stripper never came up. I think her fiance and his buds are either going golfing or to a shooting range, so no stripper for them, either.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-24-2012 at 08:03 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,405,375 times
I've been to Bachelorette parties and none of them involved seeing flesh.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Male strippers are kind of gross, anyway. Not many women I know want some glittered and oiled up dude flapping his junk in our faces. It's not at all sexy, and it's barely even funny.

For the wedding I'm in later this summer, I think we're going to do dinner and drinks for my friend's "hen night." The notion of a stripper never came up. I think her fiance and his buds are either going golfing or to a shooting range, so no stripper for them, either.
Sounds very Midwestern and all-American. All of it.

BTW, I don't think that all of the women's places flap junk. Nor do they do the glitter or oil. I think they wear a Speedo or something like that. In many jurisdictions, nudity is illegal. A lot of girls with "big hair" did the Chippendale's thing. Nobody thought any less of them.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,670,486 times
A strange man's penis, even when swaddled in a speedo, doesn't do much for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings