Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:49 AM

745 posts, read 801,331 times

Advertisements

Don't have sex with the groom...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 07:11 AM

110 posts, read 123,652 times
????
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Don't have sex with the groom...

Old 07-10-2015, 08:35 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjills View Post
????
He answered your question!

Maid of honor dos and donts (sic)

Old 07-10-2015, 08:54 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
I would say don't make the wedding preparations even more stressful, especially for the bride. There is enough stress that everyone is dealing with.

Also, don't overshadow the bride, don't annoy her, don't be better dressed, look better than the bride. And obviously don't seduce the groom Or, in a more realitic scenario don't be too friendly with the groom and don't show too much physical affection.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I would say don't make the wedding preparations even more stressful, especially for the bride. There is enough stress that everyone is dealing with.

Also, don't overshadow the bride, don't annoy her, don't be better dressed, look better than the bride. And obviously don't seduce the groom Or, in a more realitic scenario don't be too friendly with the groom and don't show too much physical affection.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:34 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Just DO what you're doing....offer help and support, write a toast, etc.

DON'T do what my matron of honor did....show up late because of some fabricated drama, and stress the bride out! I was sweating about her getting there in time for the pre-ceremony pictures to start (it was the olden days before cell phones, so we couldn't call or text), and had no idea what had happened to her. And when she showed up, she was an absolute mess and looked like she had just rolled out of bed. And that's probably what had happened, but she didn't want to admit it so she concocted some wild story about why she was late. She created such a scene that everybody forgot about me and I was trying to get my dress with 5,000 tiny buttons on and had to interrupt her story to ask for help! The wedding planner, my mom, and another bridesmaid finally got me buttoned into that thing! LOL...

Old 07-25-2015, 01:21 PM

Oh my ! I could only imagine what that was like...ive decided to go in the early morning at her house with everything I need to get dressed and of course to help the bride as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Just DO what you're doing....offer help and support, write..,

DON'T do what my matron of honor did....show up late because of some fabricated drama, and stress the bride out! I was sweating about her getting there in time for the pre-ceremony pictures to start (it was the olden days before cell phones, so we couldn't call or text), and had no idea what had happened to her. And when she showed up, she was an absolute mess and looked like she had just rolled out of bed. And that's probably what had happened, but she didn't want to admit it so she concocted some wild story about why she was late. She created such a scene that everybody forgot about me and I was trying to get my dress with 5,000 tiny buttons on and had to interrupt her story to ask for help! The wedding planner, my mom, and another bridesmaid finally got me buttoned into that thing! LOL...

Old 07-27-2015, 07:19 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Just DO what you're doing....offer help and support, write a toast, etc.

My experience was similar! My sister showed up 15 minutes before pre-ceremony photos were to take place! Though there were cell phones/texting, I was irritated to find out that instead of showing up when everyone else did - she went to go get burritos at a mexican place nearby!

The only thing I would have changed about my wedding was my maid of honor.... but it was my sister and it would have looked weird, I think, had it not been her.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:00 PM

Oh my!!! My nerves would of gotten the best of me..... Yeah you are right about that my bff has a sister and chose me and while its a great honor ive let her known I dont want any problems with her sis because of her choosing me instead of her....
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
My experience was similar! My sister showed up 15 minutes before pre-ceremony photos were to take place! Though there were cell phones/texting, I was irritated to find out that instead of showing up when everyone else did - she went to go get burritos at a mexican place nearby!

The only thing I would have changed about my wedding was my maid of honor.... but it was my sister and it would have looked weird, I think, had it not been her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings