Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,108 times

Advertisements

So I LOVE beach weddings and I plan of having one someday. this may sound like a dumb question, but if you have had a beach wedding and also had the dinner on the beach how did it work out? Did the catering ppl bring it to the beach and set it iup? What did you have? Is it weird not to have sea food on the menu?

I'm just asking since on Pinterest I have seen beautiful beach weddings with these huge long tables on the beach so I was just curious on how the dinner part works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 03:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
So I LOVE beach weddings and I plan of having one someday. this may sound like a dumb question, but if you have had a beach wedding and also had the dinner on the beach how did it work out? Did the catering ppl bring it to the beach and set it iup? What did you have? Is it weird not to have sea food on the menu?

I'm just asking since on Pinterest I have seen beautiful beach weddings with these huge long tables on the beach so I was just curious on how the dinner part works.
I had a beach wedding. The dinner was served in an open air restaurant on the property. The cake cutting and first dance thing were done in a gazebo on the beach.

We didn't require any huge long tables because I could only afford to bring my parents as guests.

We had many witnesses though! They don't exactly close the beach for your wedding so you could end up like me and have hundreds of your new best friends all clad in bathing suits at your wedding.

We got married at Sandals resort in Jamaica. If you book enough nights, they throw in the wedding, including the cake, dinner and a bottle of champagne for free. It was fun and cost much less than a traditional wedding would have.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 AM

6,558 posts, read 8,387,833 times
I've attended two beach weddings. Both times, the ceremony was on the beach but the reception was held pool side at the house that was rented for the bridal party.

I don't eat seafood so I can't remember what seafood was served. However, the food was typical (grilled chicken/steak, a couple of sides and dessert) and served buffet style.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:08 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
We got married at Sandals resort in Jamaica.
Which one? We're headed to Sandals Royal Caribbean in April for a very belated honeymoon.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:10 PM

22,574 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Quote:
if you have had a beach wedding and also had the dinner on the beach how did it work out? Did the catering ppl bring it to the beach and set it iup? What did you have? Is it weird not to have sea food on the menu?
You can do whatever you want!
All you have to do is pay for it.

You do not say if you are having a local wedding or a wedding in another country.
That really matters... as you will have less guests for a destination wedding.

What does your fiancé like?

Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
I had a beach wedding. We used my parents summer house which has a big lawn leading to a private beach so we stood on the sand but the chairs were on the lawn. We did cocktail hour by the pool and then for dinner we put up a tent and had a floor put down for the meal and dancing.

For food we did a take on a traditional New England clam bake. Lots of seafood, but plated since most people don't want to crack open a lobster while wearing an evening gown.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You can do whatever you want!
All you have to do is pay for it.

You do not say if you are having a local wedding or a wedding in another country.
That really matters... as you will have less guests for a destination wedding.

What does your fiancé like?
Oh I dont have a fiance lol. I was just curious. Actually when I get married I wanna have it at myrtle beach. Just didnt know how the food part would work

Old 02-01-2016, 12:28 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
Quote:
Oh I dont have a fiance lol. I was just curious. Actually when I get married I wanna have it at myrtle beach. Just didnt know how the food part would work
It's your wedding, you can have whatever you want and can afford.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:29 PM

22,574 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Quote:
Just didnt know how the food part would work
It works however you want it to work... you are the bride!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I had a beach wedding. We used my parents summer house which has a big lawn leading to a private beach so we stood on the sand but the chairs were on the lawn. We did cocktail hour by the pool and then for dinner we put up a tent and had a floor put down for the meal and dancing.

For food we did a take on a traditional New England clam bake. Lots of seafood, but plated since most people don't want to crack open a lobster while wearing an evening gown.
Oh that sounds nice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings