Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 PM

23 posts, read 32,660 times

Advertisements

Apparently I do need to find new girlfriends. I'll keep my friendship with the husbands though, since my husband liked them, and they have never done me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:09 AM

540 posts, read 362,472 times
Those girls aren't the type of friends you need any longer. They have outlived their usefulness.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Yes. They have outlived their usefulness....certainly my friendship. When they contact me again, I'm going to let them know I'm not interested. That'll probably shock them, considering everything. I'm certainly not going to contact them.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:27 AM

Good move on your part. They know they were supposed to be there.
It looks even worse cause the husband's showed up.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Sounds like you have a couple of self center sh!#ty friends.

One got into an argument with her husband, but the husband still made it to the wedding, make you really wonder what the argument was about, if you would blow off your friends wedding because of an argument.

The other said nothing, shows she is not really your true friend, rather just an acquaintance.

The last couldnt get time off, but even the most meaningless minimum wage jobs will give you time off if you ask way in advance assuming its not a holiday.

Many times weddings and even the birth of a child will reveal who your actual true friends and inner circle really are.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 PM

28 posts, read 32,460 times
Definitely need new friends. I have dropped friends for doing similar things and never looked back. You know who your true friends are when things like this happen. It'll hurt but will heal with time.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Thank you everybody for your responses. I appreciate it.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand1958 View Post
Thank you everybody for your responses. I appreciate it.
Welcome ma'am. Stay strong.
Best wishes to you and your new husband.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:30 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Back when I got married, there were 2 friends I invited, that didn't show up. Neither one of them formally RSVP'd, but I had called to remind them (cause...you know...I thought we were good friends) and then one of the friends answered me that they would be there. The other friend, I had to leave a VM and remind.

So...they didn't show up. Either of them.

I was hurt and angry, and done.

A few years later, one of the former friends wanted to be facebook friends. I accepted. After a bit, I asked her why she and her husband didn't come to my wedding. And here's the exact quote. "Oh...we were going to, but life got busy, and time got away from us."

So clearly...it just wasn't important to them. The other family...never spoke to them again.

It's not a new phenomenon. The Bible tells a similar story about a rich man that invited all of his friends to a fancy feast. All of his friends gave various reasons for not attending. The rich an was very angry. He ended up going out to the streets and inviting the poor and homeless to come and dine with him.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:06 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
This has got to be THE ODDEST thing I've ever heard when it comes to weddings & guests!

To me, it seems obvious that the 4 of them are in cahoots with each other behind your back, so you'll never know the real truth why none of them came. And their reasoning for not coming are the most bogus reasons I've ever heard & these are supposed to be BEST friends?!

I agree that they're no longer friends of yours & I'm glad you're strong enough to drop them. So many people on THIS board ask for advice, but don't follow through or are wishy-washy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings