Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 04:17 AM

11,906 posts, read 5,535,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
We are not all about money and not trying to make money at our wedding, but it's really tacky to show up empty-handed.I am sympathetic that his sister doesn't have any money, however, her not having money isn't anyone's fault but hers (she doesn't work, she is capable of working but chooses not to) ... it's proper etiquette to show up with something, even a $20 picture frame. It's tacky to come with absolutely nothing.

I am just annoyed with her b/c she demanded to be in my bridal party (after all I wanted was just my sister) but his sister threw a huge hissy fit so I had to ask her. Meanwhile now she is giving her kids adult meals & demanding to bring a guest we don't know from a hole in the wall ... she is also getting make-up & hair done with the bridal party (I had to ask all his sisters b/c I asked her b/c they got mad too) ... how do you have $$ for hair & make-up but nothing for us when we are bending over backwards for her demands.
It's also tacky to serve $160 meals and then ***** about how much money you are spending.

You don't invite people to a wedding to get presents. You invite them because you love them.

How will you feel about people who spend more than the cost of a fish plate on your gift? Will you think they have overspent?

Maybe you two should have just eloped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 03:02 PM

3,500 posts, read 6,141,068 times
Oh, right. I thought this air of entitlement rang familiar. OP is the one who wanted her fiance to tell his boss no to an extended, important business trip because she didn't want to be left alone to fend for herself at the age of 36. Ah, it all makes sense now. Dang, that thread was a hoot. She is also the poster who has trouble getting a new job and wants to get out of a traffic ticket. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:42 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's also tacky to serve $160 meals and then ***** about how much money you are spending.

You don't invite people to a wedding to get presents. You invite them because you love them.

How will you feel about people who spend more than the cost of a fish plate on your gift? Will you think they have overspent?

Maybe you two should have just eloped.
I can't control what the venue charges ??

Old 06-05-2018, 03:43 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Oh, right. I thought this air of entitlement rang familiar. OP is the one who wanted her fiance to tell his boss no to an extended, important business trip because she didn't want to be left alone to fend for herself at the age of 36. Ah, it all makes sense now. Dang, that thread was a hoot. She is also the poster who has trouble getting a new job and wants to get out of a traffic ticket. Thanks for the reminder.
There are 3 people who use this name so I have no clue what any of that is about and how it is relevant to any of this ...?

Old 06-05-2018, 08:41 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,535,451 times
Quote:
There are 3 people who use this name so I have no clue what any of that is about and how it is relevant to any of this ...?
No. You cannot take a user name that is already claimed by another member. There are no duplicates here.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:01 AM

3,500 posts, read 6,141,068 times
Quote:
You are the only Jdawg8181 on this site. And Jdawg8181 posted about her fiance's business trip. A + B = C

Old 06-06-2018, 03:15 PM

92 posts, read 53,791 times
Quote:
Perhaps expressed more accurately as you having multiple personalities who post using this name

Old 06-07-2018, 08:54 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,429,521 times
Quote:

A very quick search on your name brings these threads right up.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:34 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,736,266 times
Quote:
It's a fancy place. Any fancy place will charge in the $100's for adult plates. Not uncommon.
Very uncommon.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:59 PM

2,242 posts, read 1,635,809 times
Well, too late now but you really should have seriously considered elopement. Did you know his family was this pushy before your engagement?

Lucky for you that they live far, far away or I would predict your divorce within 5-7 years. Now you just have to go along to get through the whole shebang but it sounds like any joy is completely lacking.

I have one adult child who has announced her wedding, which will be announced after the fact, will include parents and siblings only. She has heard about and been through way too many horror stories just like this and wants no part of it. I say hurray! Weddings have gotten completely out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings